What If...

What If...

In one second, everything could be gone

266
What If...
pexels

What if... you had the perfect life? What if... you had a fabulous car? What if... you had a perfect family? What if... you had endless money?

What if... you had all of these things, would you be any different? Would you act any different?

Every once in a while we need to put our lives into perspective, and remember that they could be a lot worse. No amount of complaining is equal to the amount of tragedy that has struck our country and our neighbors over the past year. You are lucky if you have not been affected by any of it.

I am one of the lucky.

But what if I had been affected by the hurricanes or the most recent school shootings? Would I be any different? Would I act different, think any differently?

I hope I would continue to be open minded and positive, because I know it could be worse. In a split second I could lose my life, I could lose my family, I could lose everything. Fortunately, I am lucky.

I try to tell myself everyday that I am lucky. I look around at what I have, and somedays I think it could be better, but then I stop and think about how blessed I am to have what I have. I have a roof over my head, I have a support system containing family and friends, I have food in the fridge and money in the bank. In all honesty I have too much.

There are many people out there who have suffered from one bad break, that are struggling, who wish to be in my position. My complaints are a mere grain of rice.

Be positive, be open-minded, you never know where you could end up. Think kindly about the people out there that have it worse than you. It only takes one second for everything you take for granted to be taken away.