What I'd Like To Say To Kevin Loibl

What I'd Like To Say To Kevin Loibl

The 27 year-old who took singer Christina Grimmie's life.

414
What I'd Like To Say To Kevin Loibl

Dear Kevin,

On Friday June 10th, you left your house, gun in hand, knife in your pocket. You were on a mission. You had a plan. The 22 year-old rising star had no idea that that song she was singing was going to be her last. She had no idea that that show was the last show she would ever perform. She didn't know that that Friday night would be the last night she would ever hear a crowd of fans singing along with her, as she continued to live her dream. She had no idea that that was going to be the last night of her life.

Her name was Christina, but you know that obviously, since you were disgustingly obsessed with her. It has recently come out that you went as far as to get hair transplants and change your diet to vegan in order to be more attractive to her? Who knows if that is the case or not, because no one can ask you. You know why? Because you weren't strong enough to face the damage that you caused. Right after you took the life of a bright-eyed young girl, you shot yourself.

Christina was a true talent. Anyone who watched her season of The Voice or listened to her music knew that at such a young age, she was unbelievably talented. In an interview from a little bit ago, Christina said that she loved hearing her fans tell her that they have been following her since she started her music career on YouTube. She said that she loves hearing people say that her song spoke to them, or that they loved a cover of a song she performed. Because of this, she said that she loved to stay late after shows in order to meet these people who supported her, buy her records, and sign autographs for them. Who knew that her doing this would give someone like you the chance to take her life?

You shot her, in front of her dedicated fans and most importantly, in front of her brother. He tried to stop you, he tackled you, but the damage to Christina was already done. The news is saying that he may have saved a lot more people at the meet and greet that could of been in harms way because of you, but he couldn't save his little sister. You took that from him. You took a little sister away from her brother, a daughter away from her mother and father. You ended a life because of a sick obsession and separation from reality that you could be with Christina.

She didn't know you, and you didn't know her. You had a fantasy in your mind that the two of you would fall in love and end up together. Your co-workers made fun of you for having this sick obsession with her, but you didn't care. In your mind, it was realistic to you that one day you and Christina would get married.

Christina started her singing career on YouTube and gained many followers from her videos. What she did not know was that she was going to gain followers like you. Someone who would become obsessed with the idea of her and would go as far as to harm her.

You took a beautiful talent away from the world, and ended her life and dream before she even had the chance to live it. Twenty-two years is not long enough to have on this earth, and you took that away from her. You ended her life before she even had the chance to do all the things she wanted to. She will never be able to get married, have children, go on her own world tour, or even win a Grammy. She will never get the opportunity to fulfill those childhood dreams that every single one of us has.

Not only has the music industry lost a young talent, but a mother and father lost their little girl. A brother will always have the image in his mind of you shooting his little sister. You not only took the life of Christina, but destroyed the life of her whole family because they have to go on without her. Many are calling her brother a hero because he had the courage to tackle you, but he will most likely never be able to see himself as heroic because he couldn't save his own sister. You were selfish to take her for yourself.

You had a disease. It may have not been medically diagnosed, but anyone who becomes dangerously obsessed with the idea of someone enough to harm them needs medical help. It was a selfish mission you had in mind and a cowardly act to kill yourself right after killing Christina. You should have been held accountable for your crime, but you took the easy way out.

The world has lost a beautiful, talented young girl who was able to inspire many people throughout her short time here. Not only did she have love for her fans, family, and friends, but she had a heart for animals. Being involved in The Humane Society, she helped raise $250,000 through an online campaign with her fans. She had 3.5 million subscribers on YouTube, finished top three on season six of The Voice and had multiple album/single releases in the top 10 on iTunes. Who knows what else she could of done if you didn't take her life?

So to you, Kevin Loibl, I hope you know that taking the life of Christina in no way helped you gain anything. She will never know who you are, and the two of you will never get married. You will always be remembered as the heartless man who had the motive take a young girl's life for his own selfish reasons. Christina may be gone, but she will never be forgotten.

RIP Christina Grimmie

March 12th, 1994- June 10th, 2016