What Happens When Your Roommate Is In The Nursing Program

As Told By Leslie Knope and Ann Perkins

76
makeagif.com

When your roommate/one of your best friends is a nursing major it adds something to your dorming experience. Let's face it, they are dealing with some pretty serious stuff in their classes. This isn't to say other majors don't have important lessons to be taught, but their program actually impacts peoples lives!

1. You Learn A LOT

Even if you just listen to your roommate talk to other people in the Nursing program, you constantly are absorbing parts of what they are saying. Obviously, you won't remember everything (but you don't really need to). However, you will learn all kinds of little fun facts that can actually help you be healthier.

2. They Watch Out for Your Health

Speaking of fun little facts, they have a pretty decent idea of what to do when you're sick. Living with someone who plans on helping people for a living comes in pretty handy (especially if you're anything like me and always put off going to the doctor). While your roommate is able to help you by getting through a minor sickness/cold, they also always know when its time to tell you to actually go to the Wellness Center.

3. They Motivate You

While you both have a lot of work that needs to be done, those in the nursing program realize the intensity and bulk of the work a little sooner than some other majors do. That means its likely that during the first week they were already spending hours reading and taking notes on books. When you're in a room with someone who is working really hard on homework, you're probably gonna feel a little bit more motivated to do the same instead of watching 5 episodes of Netflix between class and dinner. Picking up their habits now will help YOU when everything starts to pick up in your classes.

4. You Bring Them Out of Zombie Mode

Yes, it's wonderful how hard they are working, but let's face you're gonna break their focus once in a while. Obviously, try not to do that every single time they are doing work, but they deserve a break too! Even if you are just going to dinner or if you are taking a short little Netflix binge. It's just as healthy to break as it is to work.

5. You Help with Work Overload

You don't necessarily know how to help them with their homework (besides maybe remembering APA style like the back of your hand). However, you can be there just as the friend that calms them down and says everything will be okay. The work is hard, but you know your roommate is going to be a kick-ass nurse, so she can make it through everything the professors put in front of her!

But the awesome thing is, since they know how it feels to reach the top of their stress level, they are right there to help you calm down too when your work is piling up.

6. Getting Away From the Room (and Homework) is a Blast

Since the room generally tends to be full of concentration and work, there is a time to let loose and have fun. Luckily, you both are able to remind each other to leave the stress behind and have a good time. Especially since tomorrow, they will be right back in the books.

Overall, you made a pretty good decision by living your Nursing Roommate. You have just enough serious mixed just enough fun, AND you have an awesome friend out of it all!