What Happened To Unity?

What Happened To Unity?

Work together, don't drift apart.

31
What Happened To Unity?
Matthew Ball

No country can have their people agree 100 percent on every single issue, or have every person get along; however, wouldn’t it work better if we tried to have an open mind?

Our country is in a very sensitive, vulnerable state lately. With that said, the last thing we need is to make matters worse by singling out groups and/or individuals. In fact, not singling out others would solve several of our country’s current problems. Considering our country has been diverse from the very start and is still that way to this day (not to mention the intense psychology of personalities and how people’s brains work), it is certainly understandable that not everyone would get along. Now, I’m not asking you to suddenly join hands with your enemies and sing campfire songs all night. I am merely suggesting to be mindful of other’s feelings, values, and beliefs in order to create more unity in our country.

Every single person you walk by has a life that they have lived up to this point. Some may have had absolutely no struggle, while others have been through it. Going backwards 50 years is not going to fix our problems; the fact of the matter is that we share this world with a wide range of people, and where they came from, their social/economical standing, and the color of their skin should not matter. That’s not to say those who feel as if they have been offended by others who single out their people don’t matter, because they most definitely do. Think about it though — the older generations have worked way too hard to have what we read in the history books be just that. We need to use what was done in the past to patch things up as a lesson to continue solving these problems or to work to solve problems that have previously not been solved, ultimately increasing the harmony of our country’s people.

It may seem so incredibly complicated, but it really isn’t. Just being more open-minded, friendly, and mindful can go a long way. After all, we are the United States of America.