What Every Confident Woman Needs In Her Closet

Mastering fashion

50

Ladies, it's about that time! After a lot of back and forth talk with myself on what I think (scratch that), KNOW every single woman in America needs in her possessions, I found myself super pumped to be talking about something I am very passionate about that definitely matters to me! Writing as creative artist and "fashionista," as I've been called for most of my life, I think that the talk I'm about to have with you ladies is absolutely mandatory. Now, something I need you all to keep in mind is that each and every special individual woman has her own. You ask what I mean by that? Well, I literally mean her own way of doing things, her own thought process, etc. We all need to accept the simple fact that we do not all like the same things and do not agree on every single little thing because that is just a flat, camouflaged lie, lie, lie! The key you need to keep in mind is to first, know your taste -- your likes, dislikes...yeah all that good stuff. Second, I need you to think of how you can fit your own for any environment and for any occasion. You'll get my point at the end of my constructive spiel.

Essential Item #1

Red Lipstick

Red lipstick is a personal accessory I highly recommend every woman possess in her possessions. Red lipstick could be the difference between...well, nothing really because if you go casual or formal it still stands out! The trick with using lipstick is to first decide on what kind of look you are trying to achieve for the day or night then decide. If you really want the look to stand out, I personally would not make lipstick an everyday thing because people will get used to seeing you with it. If, however, you strategically space out when you wear lipstick for either special occasions or straight up random days, you will be the "wow factor" of the day. Trust me on that one! Something else that is important to consider is you need to find the right shade for your skin tone, so that the color really stands out the right way. This is one of those moments were if the color does not work, it will not work on your face. Moral of the story here is that yes, it might be a struggle finally finding that right color, but it's so worth it when you find the right one. It will completely transform your face in the best way possible.

Essential Item #2

Blazer

You guessed it! A blazer ladies. Honestly, what more "defining" material do you need? A blazer is the perfect attire to have for literally anything - professional or casual. You can throw it on for a presentation or for a casual lunch out with co-workers on a beautiful day with a summer-type dress. This necessity could ultimately be the distinguishing factor between being dressed for the occasion or coming in what looks like pajamas...literally. If you do not have this item in your closet, I highly suggest you invest in one because you never know when you'll need it! I would also recommend purchasing a solid conservative color if you are only planning on purchasing one. If you have several options, go ahead and find ones with patterns you like or different colors for a "popping" effect! Oh yes, it is sooo possible!

Essential Item #3

LBD

A little black dress that loves you. Seriously. You need a small (by "small," I mean small and appropriate, ladies) dress that accentuates your waste and shows the best part of your body that YOU absolutely love *only you know this.* Bear in mind though, if you buy this dress, you need to do so with caution. If you are going to rock this you cannot go for a dress that people will assume is a T-shirt or a dress that shows your whole chest area too much. A little of anything is all you need to make A LOT. Trust me on this one. Assuming you follow my advice I guarantee you, you will be the center piece in a room of ordinary ;) People will notice.

Essential Item #4

White pants

This one is actually one of my favorites - a pair of white pants. Personally speaking, I would go for the ripped pants for a more edgy look (that's just me), but with the right top and accessories this could be a killer look! Just make sure, please, that your pants are tailored to fit your body. By "fit" I do not mean tight because that is not good for your body period. The kind of fit I'm talking about is the fit that makes you feel comfortable in the pants and know the pants were made specifically for you. White pants (especially white pants), need to conform to your body and need to be clean always! Ladies, that is the ultimate downside with wearing colors such as these! Watch were you sit and what you do because an outfit can go from looking like "celebrity-type" to "oh my gosh what is that blue spot on your pants?!". You want to avoid uncleanliness at ALL COSTS with this.

Essential Item #5

Black heels

Last, but certainly not the last thing I want to talk about...you gotta have a pair of black heels. Now I'm not talking about stiletto-type heels, I'm talking about the standard sized heels you can actually walk in that you can wear for any occasion you can think of. Literally I have pair of these in my closet and they work for anything. I have worn them to interviews, dinners, church...any event I could go to were flip flops were not allowed. For those of us that cannot wear heals, do not worry! You could always wear black flats instead. For those of you that have doubts about that, I strongly encourage you to do some research and look up flats. There are a variety of selections, so I know that if there is a problem, that is definitely not going to be one of them!

Last words...

Anything in relation to fashion is something I could talk for days about, so just know that these five listed items are not the only things I think every confident woman needs in her closet! There are many MANY more things I feel are important to wear, so I shall be writing more about that in my upcoming articles. Be on the look out for those because this is just the beginning! Ultimately ladies, however, remember what I said about preference. Every woman has her own style, so embrace your own. If you do that, the confidence and certainty about your style that you'll exude to people will absolutely be contagious. Get ready for positive energy and a model status worthy look you'll want to keep!