6 Essential Oils And What They Can Do For You

Give aromatherapy a try!

154

Essential oils are all the rage right now and there are so many different oils to choose from. Most people choose the oils they would like to use based off of how they smell, but there are a ton of hidden benefits of essential oils! I chose 6 of my favorite oils to share with you!

1. Lavender

Some benefits of this oil include:

-Relaxation

-Calms/soothes

-Peaceful sleep

Lavender is my go-to nighttime oil. Pop a few drops of this into your diffuser and you're guaranteed to sleep like a baby. I have also noticed that I have more vivid dreams when I fall asleep when using this oil.

Click here for more benefits of lavender oil.

2. Tea Tree

Some benefits of this oil include:

-Helps with dandruff

-Clears acne

-Anti-bacterial properties

Do you find yourself getting pimples randomly and not knowing the proper way to rid the zit? Dab a drop of this oil onto it before bed and the zit should diminish by morning. Also, adding a few drops of this oil into your shampoo can help clear up that annoying dandruff you may get in the winter time.

***But DO NOT use this oil around pets!

Click here for more benefits of tea tree oil.

3. Eucalyptus

Some benefits of this oil include:

-Helps reduce stress

-Helps with colds and decongestion

-Relieves muscle aches

Eucalyptus is my go-to oil during the school year. Putting this into my diffuser can turn a stressful day into a happy/calm one. If I ever feel a cold coming on, I'll just pop some eucalyptus into my diffuser. Also, massaging this oil over sore muscles can help reduce the pain.

Click here for more benefits of eucalyptus oil.

4. Lemon

Some benefits of this oil include:

-Brings happiness

-Brightens any mood

Lemon is a happy and bright oil! Start your mornings off with this oil in your diffuser to secure a positive and cheerful day. Lemon can also help strengthen your immune system and reduce asthma symptoms.

Click here for more benefits of lemon oil.

5. Peppermint

Some benefits of this oil include:

-Muscle and joint pain

-Digestion

-Nausea

-Diarrhea

-Headaches/migraines

If you are ever feeling sick, peppermint is your way to go. I have also heard of women using this oil during certain times of the month to help alleviate specific symptoms.

Click here for more benefits of peppermint oil.

6. Sweet Orange

Some benefits of this oil include:

-Concentration

-Constipation relief

-Anti-depressant

This oil is amazing for handling kids. It is great for settling them down and helping their quality of sleep when it comes time for bed. Sweet orange is also great for constipation and can act as a mild anti-depressant.

Click here for more benefits of sweet orange oil.

I would highly recommend purchasing an oil diffuser if you haven't already. They are life-changing. It's hard to go through my days without dripping my favorite oils into my diffuser first. Especially in my dorm, the scent takes over the entire room and is extremely peaceful. Some people might not believe in the benefits of aromatherapy but there are more uses to essential oils than just using them in a diffuser. Give them a try!