What Did Students Read in 2020?

What Did Students Read in 2020?

Students share their favorite books of 2020

21
What Did Students Read in 2020?

I asked some some students their favorite book they read this year. Some were intense, others were fun adventures.

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

person holding silver and black hand tool Photo by National Cancer Institute on Unsplash

"It reflects our society so well. It's so clearly dystopian, and we consider it extreme, but it is near exactly the themes present in our society today. It's almost like watching history repeat itself."

Baseball Dads by Matthew S. Hiley

boy in blue and white shirt standing on green grass Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

"I'm only 3 chapters in. But it's very fun cause it reminds me of my dad. When I was in little league this was exactly how it was .It brings a lot back from my childhood cause I was in little league for 8 years."

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

brown concrete building during daytime Photo by Sid Balachandran on Unsplash

"I was recommended this book a long time ago and told it was like Harry Potter but so much better. I love stories about magic and knew I would fall in love with the characters. The world Rainbow Rowell has built is so intricate and intriguing."

The 5 people You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

reflective photo of clouds Photo by Johannes Plenio on Unsplash

"It was really good. It was kind of sad but the main thing was that he was making peace with everyone in his past. Our teacher had us read it. It's not usually what I would read; it was really deep."

The Search for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi

person sitting on gray abandoned building Photo by IB Wira Dyatmika on Unsplash

"I really like the sci-fi and the graphic novel style of the book. In between the chapters, the characters will go to a new place and the scene will be there illustrated. It's about a girl who thinks she's the only person left on earth, but in her world, people live underground in these fancy modern homes."