What Christmas Means To Me As An Adult

What Christmas Means To Me As An Adult

Celebrating Christmas has a deeper meaning to it.

87
What Christmas Means To Me As An Adult

After Thanksgiving is over, this is the time to start preparing for Christmas. Most people are already buying gifts, and decorating their houses. Also, there are Christmas movies being played on TV, and it is a nice way of getting into the holiday spirit.

While growing up, kids are always excited when the items they ask for are underneath the tree on Christmas Day. Our parents wanted to make sure that we had a big smile on our face, while trying to figure out what was underneath the wrapping paper. The best part was ripping off the paper that was on the gifts. But as I got older, I realized celebrating Christmas has a deeper meaning to it.

There is nothing wrong with giving and receiving gifts. Spending time with friends, and family is more important. It is nice to be around people who care about you. Nothing can make you as happy, as being surrounded by laughter, love, and the feeling of not celebrating Christmas alone. I realize now, how much work it takes to decorate your house to make it look beautiful.

It is important that you do not take the amount of time, and effort with celebrating this holiday for granted. There are people that are feeling cold, hungry, and lonely. This makes them feel worse, around the holiday season. They are wishing they could be where you are right now. In a warm house, surrounded by people who care about them, drinking hot chocolate, eating Christmas dinner, and dessert, and watching movies. If you do not get everything you wanted for Christmas, at least be grateful for what you do have.