What "Calm Down" Means To A Person With Anxiety

Let's not make that same mistake twice.

348
viralnovelty.net

How would you feel if you were having an anxiety attack, something you can't control, and someone told you just "calm down, man" or "just chill". Those are probably some of the worst phrases you could choose out of the entire English language to say in this situation. Most of the time it isn't even possible for that person to calm down, that is part of having an anxiety disorder.

Even "normal" people have anxiety, whether it's about a test or some boyfriend drama it is always around and everyone experiences it at one time or another. That's why people should understand.

They should get that it isn't easy to stop having a breakdown, to stop feeling all that stress inside of you and letting it explode, it isn't easy to stop crying, to stop your mind from working overtime. Do you think it's fun for someone to go through this amount of pain? To feel their chest tightening, heavy breathing, to feel like all of their emotions are being held in so close and tight that they are about to explode. That's what an anxiety attack feels like.

So that is why people can't just tell someone who goes through this to just be calm. It is physically impossible to stop that so it is not feasible for someone going through this to "just calm down". So why put the person through more stress and anxiety trying to get over it rather than helping them through it.

Take the time to ask them how are you, try and make sure they make it through the night.

This is a statement is encouraging, loving, and shows that you care about another person's life.

It's about life.

Love

Journey

Fighting

Courage

Along with so much more. Showing a little love and compassion towards another human being can go a long way. Even by simply stating that they are important to you will change their world around.

The quote, "Be the change you wish to see in the world," is something that is truly special.

So why don't you be that change? Why don't you take the time to make a change or a difference in someone else's world?

Make that impact because you might even learn a few things about yourself throughout that time. Listen to someone's story, their whole story, and understand how they got to be where they are. Most of the time you wouldn't believe that they have gone through the stuff they have. Someone may look like they have their life together and can handle anything they have coming at them but most of the time that is not true.

You can lend a hand, be a friend, and change someone's life for the better. That's all you can ask for in this life, right?