What To Buy My Family For Christmas
Family Friends

So, You Don't Know What To Get Your Loved Ones For Christmas

Don't stress out and drive to the mall. I've got you covered.

473
Emma Scovill

Christmas is supposed to be a time filled with joy and love, but shopping for Christmas presents can drive us crazy and fill us with anxiety instead. It's extremely difficult to shop and find a good gift for not only your family but your friends and significant other even with a list - and forget trying without one. You can't help but wonder what if they don't like the gift? Is it even a good gift? Can you even afford what you want to get them? Sometimes you just want to throw in the towel and give up.

So, I propose that this year instead of stressing ourselves out about what physical objects we can get someone, we give people experiences for Christmas.

What do I mean by this? I mean that instead of buying our friends and family socks, movies, electronics or anything of the like we spend our money on giving them something we can do together. Plan an outing for you and your group of friends instead. Maybe you'll take them out ice skating and pay for the skates. Maybe you'll go out for a nice brunch and pay. Maybe you'll spend the day at the zoo looking at the Christmas lights. All of these gifts are not only fun, but they allow you and your friends or family to spend time together.

Yes, a coffee mug is nice. Yes, a new pair of fuzzy socks is nice. Yes, a new book is nice. Yes, a gift card is nice. But all of these gifts are things that we will grow tired of or forget about or only be able to use once. Taking our loved ones out for a nice meal or outing is not only more personal but creates valued memories, which is something money can't buy.

So, this Christmas instead of stressing yourself out as you walk up and down the aisle at the store trying to figure out what to buy, try gifting experiences to your friends and family.