What We Are All Guilty of Taking Advantage Of

Tick tock tick tock tick tock...

1

Every single one of us are all guilty of one thing. Though we may all have different sins, enjoy an eclectic amounts of vices, and indulge in various amounts of unacceptable behavior, most of us have one thing in common.

We all take advantage of time.

When we wake up in the morning, most of us are not under the mindset that every day we live may be the last day we live.

Most of us take for granted simply just waking up.

If there is anything I've learned in the past couple of years it is that time goes by quite quickly. What is here today could be gone tomorrow in an instant.

Before I was lucky enough to have realized this I was extremely guilty of taking advantage of time. I would be on my phone when out with my friends, blow off my family members for a television episode, or spend my day cuddling in bed instead of doing something fun outdoors.

After losing one of my coworkers and having my relationship become long distance, I am now dedicated to utilizing my time wisely and hope you make the same commitment today.

Remember you are not going to be in the same place, at the same time, at the same age with the same people ever again. So don't take that perfect Instagram of the fireworks; embrace them and enjoy them. I guarantee if you put your phone down and really take in your surroundings you will remember it just as well as you would with a picture.

Really spend time with your family members in particular. As you grow up, remember they are still growing as well and will not be around forever. Instead of going to your favorite bar with your friends, spend a night in and watch some movies with your parents. At the end of the day they will appreciate it and you will have plenty of other opportunities for bar nights in your life time.

Stop wasting time on stupid arguments. Life is way too short to obsess over the small stuff and there will be plenty of big things you will have to overcome.

Do not get me wrong, I'm not perfect. I still am guilty of taking advantage of time every so often. However, I'm working to fix it.

After all, the clock is ticking.