On February 2, two amazing events took place simultaneously. The beloved groundhog emerged on his holiday and didn't see his shadow, assuring us that we were going to experience an "early spring" this year. Moments later, the sky dumped the mother load of snow storms all over the nation. We knew it was too good to be true. These warm temperatures and sunny skies couldn't last forever, and Mother Nature reminded us of just that.
But the fact still stands: The groundhog didn't see his shadow. So that means that the celebrating can continue, right? We are still in for an "early spring." However, here in the Midwest, that looks a little bit different than in other places around the nation.
2. When you become a victim of winter and are fending for your life against the invisible ice.
3. When spring break arrives, and it's finally time for some fun in the sun!
6. When your big game isn't cancelled even though they had to shovel off the turf before it started.
7. When it's May, and the weather man informs you of the incoming blizzard. (WTF groundhog, you said an "early spring.")
8. When the other states complain about their chilly spring days, and it's 55 degrees in their towns.
9. When you are already fair-skinned, and you haven't seen the sun in so long that you become a polar bear.
12. When you stop fighting the dry skin, and let it take you
We here in the Midwest are really looking forward to an "early spring," and all of this trash that comes with it.