What Alpha Gamma Delta Has Taught Me

What Alpha Gamma Delta Has Taught Me

Who run the world? Squirrels

90
What Alpha Gamma Delta Has Taught Me

Coming to college, I was nervous to join Greek Life. I worried that I wasn't pretty enough or wouldn't fit in with any of the chapters on campus. But then I found Alpha Gamma Delta, and this chapter welcomed me in graciously. In my two years of being and Alpha Gam, I've learned so much, and I'm happy to share what I've learned with you.

Alpha Gam has taught me...

that I have an endless support system

No matter what happens in my life, good or bad, I will always have a group of women there for me. Alpha Gams will continue to support one another even when the four years comes to an end. It really is not just four years, it's for life.

that people really care about me

Alpha Gams continue to amaze me by how caring they are and how they genuinely want to make sure everyone is 100% okay. When things aren't going well, I can always count on a sister to cheer me up.

I can be myself without hesitation

At some point in their lives, everyone worries about what others think about them. Alpha Gam has taught me to forget what others think and be more comfortable with myself. I can be as goofy as I want to be, and these ladies will love me no matter what.

to see the greatness within others

"Don't matter what you look like, don't matter what you wear. How many rings you got on your finger. We don't care (No we don't care!)" Alpha Gam has taught me to see beyond a person's exterior and to value their inner qualities. The artificial things will pass away over time, but a person's character will always shine through, and Alpha Gam has shown me the importance of valuing this over anything else.

to contribute something amazing to the world

Alpha Gam appreciates every sister and their career goals. I am inspired by my sisters and their aspirations to succeed in film, education, business, and beyond. I hope to leave my mark on the world and make a memorable impact, with Alpha Gam cheering me on along the way.

to find my purpose

I've always wanted to know why I was placed in this world. With the opportunities Alpha Gam has provided me, I've determined that my purpose is to entertain others. I've enjoyed making my sisters laugh at chapter meetings, retreats, and recruitment. And I can't wait to live with this purpose once the tassels fly.

So thank you, Alpha Gam. Thanks for never pressuring me to wear makeup. Thanks for allowing me to joke around during recruitment. Thanks for letting me be an absolute meme queen and loving me for it.

Thank you for the wonderful ladies who lift me up and want me to be the best I can be. Thank you for letting me join a group of women who are so down to Earth and want to defy the sorority stereotype. Thank you for all of the challenges and triumphs.

If I had to do recruitment all over again, I wouldn't have changed a thing.