Welcome Home LSU Rushees!

Welcome Home LSU Rushees!

This first year of sorority life is your time to discover yourself and make some pretty cool memories.

28
Welcome Home LSU Rushees!
Madeline Howell

The day that every girl in a sorority and every girl coming through sorority recruitment at LSU thought would never happen is finally here! Bid day is arguably one of the best days of the year (I'm talking "almost as awesome as Christmas"). It's the day that every chapter on campus can celebrate because the hard work they put into getting their amazing new members finally paid off, but more importantly, it's the day that a new group of women all find their new home for, as cheesy as it is, "not just the next four years but for life."

This is for you, new member! You managed to not get an electronic fan stuck in your hair right before a party and made it to you second party in five minutes despite it being on the opposite end of the row. You went through one of the craziest, most stressful weeks, and you actually survived to realize it was worth it.

New members, I cannot wait for you to get to experience bid day on the other side of rush because I cannot wait for you to understand how happy and excited we are to see you on our lawn. There's a reason we attack you with the biggest hug when you run to our house. There's a reason we take one million pictures of you and obnoxiously post every single one of them on our Facebooks. There's a reason we want to be your best friend even if we have absolutely no idea who you are.

It's because you're now our sister, and we can't wait to show you how amazing the next four years will be.

We love seeing you happy because it lets us relive how happy we were when we received our bid one, two, or even three years ago. We love seeing you grabbing the random girl next to you to "throw what you know" for the pledge class picture because we remember doing the same thing and then becoming that random girl's best friend. We love that we get to show you the first exchange, the first semi formal, the first tailgate because we wish we could go back and do all the "firsts" all over again.

We're so excited because bid day is just the beginning. We chose you to be a part of our chapter because we cannot wait to see you blossom! We can't wait to see what friends you make, what position you may hold on council, and what hilarious stories you will be able to tell years from now.

So new member, just know that whatever chapter you have just become a part of, we love you so much, and yes, we actually jumped for joy when we heard your name read on the bid list. This first year of sorority life is your time to discover yourself and make some pretty cool memories along the way. Make sure you enjoy every single second of it! From the active members to you, welcome home.