You're back in town! There is so much to do, and so many people to see. So where do you start? Well, let's keep it simple. If you are anything like me, your itinerary for the first day will look something like this. Here are the 10 things that we all probably do when we get back home.
1. Walk through the door and hug your family (duh).
Aw -- Mom, Dad, siblings -- I missed you so much, too. Like, more than you know. Where are the pets?
2. Attack your cat or dog .
Kisses, kisses, kisses, hugs, kisses, smother, smother, love me.
3. Raid the fridge and cabinets.
And your family follows you to the kitchen where your eyes turn into hearts and music starts to play in your head. Real food. What a good sight. Then everyone continues to "catch up" in the kitchen, because there is an understanding that you need to stay right where you are and stuff your face.
4. Bring in your clothes, and whatnot, from the car.
Or watch your family do it. Thank you so much. I am so tired from driving, and so thankful that you are helping me right now.
5. Take the stuff to your room and fight the urge to lay down in your super comfy bed.
Now this is a hard one..but you know that if you lay down right now, you'll never get up.
6. Spend quality time with your pet.
Snuggles on the couch, please!
7. Text your best hometown friend and tell her to come to you ASAP because -- wow, you miss her.
8. Text your friends and see who is in town and what parties are poppin.'
Because everyone needs to know that you are back and still killing it.
9. Dress up and go out.
Hit up all your favorite locations...get your favorite ice cream from that shop downtown, go to that one restaurant that you're obsessed with, and then (of course) go to your hangout spot and have some fun with your besties.
10. Let the world know you are back in town.
End your first day with pictures of your sweet family and a dedication Instagram pic with you and your A1 since day1s.
There is a simple run down of your first day. As for the rest of your time at home, spend time with the people you love and relax. College is stressful and you need to unwind in your beloved bed and enjoy the off time you have. Welcome home!