9 Of The Weirdest People You'll See At The Gym

How will people know you went to the gym unless you take a mirror selfie?

524

When you go to the gym, odds are you'll probably run into at least a few of these types of people. From the Grunter to the Sunglasses-Wearer, you know you're in for some good people-watching when you decide to head to the gym.

1. The Showoff.

This person will walk up to a machine, set it to the highest weight they can possibly manage, do two reps, and then move on to the next machine. The Showoff may also be a Grunter. Showoffs at the gym really want everyone to know how tough they are.

2. The Texter.

I can understand occasionally changing the song you're listening to, or timing yourself for something, but some people sit on their phones for the entire time they're at the gym.

3. The Sunglasses Wearer.

Ah, the elusive Sunglasses Wearer. These people are so cool that they wear sunglasses inside. It must help them with their workout or something.

4. The Mirror Selfie Taker.

How will people know you went to the gym unless you take a mirror selfie? To take a mirror selfie in the gym when there are tons of people around to witness it seems both embarrassing and unnecessary. Don't be "that guy."

5. The Grunter.

The Grunter, similar to the Showoff, really wants people to notice how hard they're
working — weightlifting, using machines, doing crunches, you name it.

6. The Magical Unicorn Who Never Sweats.

I just don't understand how someone could be this lucky. Some people can put in a great workout and barely look like they've done anything. Don't trust them. They're obviously hiding something.

7. The Gym Creep.

This person's only goal is to stare at everyone and make them as uncomfortable as possible. Most gym creeps don't even try to hide it; they're there to stare, and they don't care if you notice.

8. The sweaty person who doesn't wipe off machines after using them.

These people leave visible sweat residue on machines they're done with and just walk away, expecting someone else to wipe them off.

9. And then there's you...

As long as you make sure not to make the same mistakes as any of these other types of gym-goers, odds are you probably won't embarrass yourself...unless you fall off the treadmill.