A Week With My Boyfriend

A Week With My Boyfriend

No one else can have my boyfriend, but everyone deserves the same happiness that he gives me.

387
A Week With My Boyfriend

Because my boyfriend and I have a somewhat long-distance relationship for the time being, one-day visits aren’t really a thing for us. Since the holidays are here, I spent a week with him, and I’d like to share that experience with my readers. Now, I know what you’re thinking: “Why would anyone want to read about some girl’s week-long stay with her boyfriend? Isn’t that personal? Won’t it be boring to read about?” I thought about all of these things, and I promise that it won’t be boring, and I’m definitely not going to go into private details. I want to share this with everyone because I think everyone can take something from it: Everyone deserves to be treated a certain way. I’m being vague because not everyone has the same standards, and I can’t tell anyone how they deserve to be treated. Everyone should be treated fairly, of course, but I can’t tell anyone what standards they should or shouldn’t have. Okay, on with the story!

Friday evening, we exchanged Christmas gifts, and I don’t want to brag, but he went all out. I won’t go into details, but I was given a promise ring, several personalized, handmade gifts, some books and other things that I’ve been wanting and lots of chocolate. (Don’t tell him, but I think he got me way too much.) Oh yeah, and I cried.

Oh. My. God. Saturday was magical. Literally. Saturday evening, he cooked a Harry Potter Christmas feast for us. After dinner, he brought out candy floss cupcakes, cauldron cakes, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans and chocolate frogs! Oh, and he gave me my very first wand from “Fantastic Beasts.” He even made floating candles! The night itself was absolutely perfect in every way, but the reason behind it is even better. A couple of months ago, he asked if I wanted to go to a Harry Potter-themed Christmas celebration at a local restaurant. Of course I wanted to go, but tickets were expensive, and I was afraid that my social anxiety would end up ruining everything because I may get overwhelmed and need to leave. Since I was so worried about ruining our evening, he took it upon himself to create a Harry Potter date night for two just so I wouldn’t have to worry about my anxiety ruining everything.

The rest of my stay was mostly uneventful, at least compared to the previous couple of days. I mean, come on, nothing can compare to Friday and Saturday, though.

Spending a week with my boyfriend and his family was the best, and not just because of all the amazing things that he planned for us. Being able to spend so much time with him and his family really made me feel closer to and more comfortable with him. It’s not that I wasn’t already comfortable with him, but spending so much uninterrupted time with him just made everything feel different—in a good way! It made me realize that I really fit in with his family, and they all make me feel so welcome. I was a little worried about spending an entire week with them because I didn’t want to overstay my welcome or be a burden or anything. Staying for more than a few days just makes me feel like I’m imposing or something, but they completely crushed that fear. Also during my stay, I realized that he’s absolutely perfect for me. I mean, I knew that already, but this week just kind of further cemented that for me. Nothing felt forced or awkward, and I didn’t feel like we had to constantly be doing something. We could just do our normal things that we would do alone, but everything was better because we were together. I got to see what his daily life is like when I’m not around, and it probably sounds silly, but it made me feel closer to him and like I know him a bit better now. I know this all sounds like a bit much to have happened just because I spent a week with him, and I know no one probably cares about it, but I wanted to share my experiences with my readers because I think it’s important that everyone see that pure happiness exists. Even if it doesn’t happen in the same ways, everyone deserves that happiness. Even if it doesn’t come from another person, everyone should experience a happiness they never knew possible.