A Week In The Life Of A Procrastinator

A Week In The Life Of A Procrastinator

Do not wait until later to read this!

10
A Week In The Life Of A Procrastinator
College Times

I procrastinate. On everything. At this point, I can even say that I procrastinate on things that I really want to do, which is when you know you have a problem. If you are like me, I hope you can find this list relatable. God only knows that I wrote it at the last possible second...

1. You actually write everything down that you have to do and feel extremely productive.

I am good at this part. I love to keep a calendar and write down my exciting daily responsibilities. But what I do know when writing these things down is that I probably won't actually do them until wayyyy later.

2. You reach the end of a long day, look at your to-do list, and realize that you only did one (or zero) of the things on it.

This is when I start to panic, but then remind myself that it is OK. I still have PLENTY of time to do all of the things I haven't done.

3. The next day arrives, and you write the same things that you had to do the day before in your calendar.

I write everything down, once again, and maybe even highlight it this time. I tell myself that I am DEFINITELY going to get everything done that day.

4. You ask everyone you know to hangout and make as many plans as possible for the day so that you can avoid doing the things you have to do.

At this point, I am great at telling myself that I have nothing to do. I can have as much fun as I want because I have no responsibilities. I am a free woman, and have nothing holding me back!

5. You look at my calendar at the end of the day and feel guilty about not accomplishing anything.

I really wish that I could have the past 24 hours back so that I can actually do everything I needed to do. I start to feel bad and wonder what would've happened if I would've been productive.

6. The next day comes around, and you are ready to conquer the world (do everything you haven't yet done.)

This is the time when my time starts to run out. I tell myself that I HAVE to do things that day, or else everything will go downhill from there.

7. You get too tired to be productive and end up using your free time to take a nap instead.

Of course I don't do this every day, but it is definitely a good way to avoid your responsibilities for a little while longer.

8. You wake up from your slumber and realize that you absolutely HAVE to do everything at that very moment.

I actually see the light now and my obligations start to catch up with me. I decide to complete my tasks finally, and set myself free.

9. You finally do it! You do everything you have to do, and it honestly wasn't even that hard at all. You feel so good.

Nothing I even had to do was that hard. At all. I wonder why I ever put it off for that long. I know at that moment that I will never procrastinate again.

10. The beginning of a new week comes around and you start the whole cycle over again.

Let's face it, I will always be a procrastinator. No matter what I do, I will always wait until the last moment to do the things I have to do. But that's OK. As long as I do it eventually...right?