What Happens The Week After Spring Break

This week is an utter train wreck!

22

Spring Break! This week is meant to be full rest and relaxation from the prior half the semester. For some it is and for others it's a week of late nights and memories. Whatever your week consist of, it doesn't quite fulfill our need for caught up sleep, homework, and other necessities.

Which brings us to....POST SPRING BREAK WEEK 1! This week is an utter train wreck. We have to recover from Spring Break as well as make up for what was never accomplished.

The week after Spring Break plays out a little like this:

Monday: You wake up this morning with all the right intentions. You have a plan to go to class (your fault for scheduling an 8 a.m.) and then go to the store and get groceries for the new week. In reality, you forgot to set your alarm because you didn't do it the past week. You end up waking up around 10:30 and decide to take a shower and slowly put normal clothes on to get to the store. The day plays out pretty sluggish.

Tuesday: Today you wake up on time and slowly make your way to class. You see those "friends" in class that sit by you but you're really not sure their name. You share vague spring break details and talk about the joy of not going to this current class for a week.

Wednesday: Another successful morning in class but as you make your way home you remember an assignment that was given the week before spring break and is due tomorrow. The rest of your day is spent completing this annoying assignment, which is basically a load of busy work. Your day is extremely stressful and you hope your professor can't tell you whipped it up in a matter of 5 hours

Thursday: THE DAY BEFORE FIRDAY!!! Two things can happen today, either you are productive or completely useless. Your friends ask you to go out tonight but you see your wallet is completely empty from Spring Break AND you also have a quiz in your 8 a.m. By the grace of a money tree, you find $10 in your jean's (that haven't been washed since Spring Break) pocket! SCORE! You end up going out with your friends and decide to cram before the quiz tomorrow.

Friday: Failing to ever recover from any day of the week, you wake up, throw a hat on and get to class. You have a 10 minute cram sesh outside and hope somehow you studied the right subject. You already have a plan to nap when you get home. Hopefully some rest and relaxation will help you.

Weekend: Do the weekends really help at all? Pretty much NO! You never fully recover and the next week is rather similar to this. Week after week we choose between academics, social lives and sleep, with occasional health and fitness thrown in.

But College is the time of our lives! Right? Make memories and have fun!