best wedding trends
relationships

6 Wedding Trends Everyone Will Appreciate, From The Best Man To The Mother Of The Bride

I am here for good food and a good time.

344

One show that I frequently enjoy on TLC is "Four Weddings." This show has four brides compete for a dream honeymoon by comparing and rating the other's weddings. The show becomes entertaining due to the amount of over-the-top, excessive, or just-straight-crazy wedding ideas that the brides come up with to make themselves stand out. Recently, I have jumped back into Pinterest again, and I always find wedding trends and ideas through the app. Although I am not one of the girls that have her entire wedding planned out, I can appreciate and accept the current trends and applaud the "most extra" or "most creative" ideas that other women have come up with.

1. The doughnut wall

I first saw this idea on Pinterest and I was immediately captivated. Not only has this trend boomed recently and become a huge hit at not only weddings but fun events, but people find it totally Instagram-worthy. A doughnut aesthetic? Yes, please.

2. Including your dog at the wedding

There is always that one bride that considers her dog like her own son or daughter. The dog will be dressed up in a suit or a cute costume and can even walk down the aisle with the flower girl or bridesmaid. This idea can definitely get some "oohs" and "aahs."

3. Destination weddings

With a recent trend in European and "abroad" traveling, destination weddings are becoming more and more popular. Many couples want to be emerged in the country's culture or want the perfect beach photo.

4. An abundance of lights and candles

Women have been drooling over recent trends screaming "the more light the better." Not only do candles promote a romantic mood, but they can make a venue feel more personal and intimate.

5. Natural, greenery feels

One of the new trends in 2019 is organic and green flowers and landscapes for weddings. Many colors are including light and dark greens, whites, light pinks, and lots of rustic feels.

6. Food bars

Women love to be the "most extra" when it comes to food. I've seen s'mores, pizza, beer and wine, hamburgers, and also elaborate foods done in the form of a "bar." Not only is this interactive for guests, but it helps kill some time and also adds something fun for people to talk about days later.