Websites To Entertain You While In Class

Because we need to stave off boredom somehow...

45

Let’s face it. We never pay full attention in class. Sometimes we’ll space out. If the professor allows computers, we’ll start browsing instead of taking notes. It’s inevitable. There’s the standard Facebook and Twitter. You can send some emails, message friends, and catch up on what's going on in the world. However, once you’ve refreshed your News Feed three times in one minute, things start looking a little bleak as you realize you have nothing else to occupy your time with while the professor is up there still babbling about who knows what. Luckily, here are some other websites you may or may not have heard off that are highly entertaining for when you’ve exhausted all your options.

1. Buzzfeed (www.buzzfeed.com)

This one is obvious. I’m sure everyone has heard of Buzzfeed and has frequented it in the past. I’m guilty of visiting it probably a little more often than is normal. It’s reached the point where people will show me things and I’ll be like “Yeah, I saw that a couple of days ago.” That’s beside the point. I listed Buzzed first because it’s my go-to and highly entertaining. You can catch up on news, read funny stories, take quizzes. The possibility are endless.

2. StumbleUpon (www.stumbleupon.com)

I haven’t met many people that have heard of StumbleUpon in the past. I started using this website in high school when one of my friends told me about it and from then on, my life was completely changed. What you do is you make a free account (you can use a social media account), you check off your interests from a list, which range anywhere from travel to celebrities to outer space, and then you click the “Stumble” button. Once you do, you’ll be taken to random websites related to the interests you listed at the beginning. It’s amazing and addicting. I’ve spent way to many hours stumbling upon (pun intended) the coolest and most entertaining pages that I never would have found otherwise.

3. Thought Catalog (www.thoughtcatalog.com)

Thought Catalog is great if you love to read random articles or stories. There are serious real life stories, opinion pieces, funny listicles, news pieces, etc. You can spend hours on here since the articles are usually pretty short and you are always bound to find something that catches your eye.

4. The Irish Potato (www.theirishpotato.com)

It seems that this website started in January. However, I wasn't aware of it's existence up until last week, but props to whoever started it because it's actually pretty funny. If you are a fan of The Onion then you'll definitely enjoy The Irish Potato because it's basically the same thing but Notre Dame related.