We Need Music

We Need Music

Panic! at the Disco's Secret Shows!

294
We Need Music
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/23/636574442545448207-662270987_17.513.jpg

Ever since I was young, my mom always taught me that music is the way of life. As a kid I just went with it, but now that I'm on my own I truly believe it. I fall in love with new music each and every day and feel a different connection with the world and myself because of this.

On Wednesday, March 22, my friend and I attended a pop-up Panic! at the Disco concert in Asbury Park at the Stone Pony. Amazing would be an understatement for the show this band puts on for their fans. Panic! is becoming so innovative with the way they promote themselves as well as the way they promote their secret pop-up shows. The first night in Cleveland, Ohio, they performed, and as attendees were leaving the show, Nuns were outside handing out flyers that promoted the show for the next night in Asbury. It was then up to fans to spread the word on social media to tell New Jersey fans and nearby fans that the band would be playing a secret show.

Around 900 tickets were sold for the first come first serve event. When I arrived at the Stone Pony at 2 PM on Wednesday afternoon, the line was already wrapped around the corner. My heart instantly dropped, for I thought my chances of being in such an intimate venue with my favorite band were below none. We stood in line for around thirty minutes, as the line slowly moved, stressed that the there would be no tickets by the time we reached the box office. Without a doubt, God was definitely watching over me because we made it to the door with a few hundred tickets to spare.

After purchasing our tickets we were told to come back at 6:30 to line up an doors would open at 7:30. The hours went by quickly and finally it was time. I couldn't tell you how close I was to Brendan Uri in this intimate venue. I have never felt such a connection with a band or artist before. It truly amazes me what such a phenomenal performance is put on each time I see this band perform.

After the performance we were handed a flyer to promote the next show for March 24th. Watch out US, Panic! at the Disco is coming for you.