We Were Meant To Be, We Just Weren't Meant To Be Forever

It was the right relationship, but with the wrong person.

1643
Photo by Clark Tibbs on Unsplash

When you left, I was broken. It made no sense. I was lost and confused. My heart ached for such a long time. I wanted your love so badly that I didn't accept the fact that you weren't meant to be my forever person.

I deserted all logic and blocked myself from accepting the truth. All I wanted back then was you, forever.

And although it was scary then, it all makes sense today.

I blamed myself for our relationship ending but truth is, it was no one's fault. Despite all the effort, our relationship was simply not sustainable. We grew, but our relationship didn't. Yes, we wanted similar things in life, and in a sense, it was the right relationship, but with the wrong person.

Still, I want to thank you for finding me. I want to tell you that even though our relationship failed, I sincerely think we taught each other more than we could've learned from anybody else. You taught me so much, and for that, I will never be able to thank you enough.

I really do believe that we were meant to be. I just know now that we weren't meant to be forever, and that's okay. If I could go back and change anything, I wouldn't. Our story and time together happened exactly the way it was supposed to. All of our highs and all of our lows. Every part of our love story was timed out in a way we probably will never understand, but for a purpose.

To this day, I have not forgotten what we once were. At one point in my life, you were everything to me. At this point in my life, I know absolutely nothing about you. I don't know what you're up to, I don't know if you're still on the same career path, and I don't even know where you live.

Although at times I wonder, I have found peace in the unknown. I want to remember you the exact way you were when we were together. I want to look back and think of you as a genuinely happy part in my life because at one point you were exactly that.

Even though you weren't my forever person, you still hold a very special part of my heart. . . and you always will.