That Special Someone

That Special Someone

A tribute to my best friend.

11
That Special Someone

Throughout life, I feel that you will always have that one person who will be the reason behind your happiness. They’re the person you talk to every day, and think about always. They’ve probably been in your life for a few years now, and have never completely left your side. In life, you are given the opportunity to meet various people and make different connections with people. However, there will be that one person where it is so different from the rest, and holds a special place in your heart.

Through ups and downs over the years, you always find your way back to each other. They’re your best friend. They know every little look and expression you make, and exactly what each one means. They remember the little things, the things most people would probably disregard or forget. They know how to make you laugh, even when you don’t want to. You'll even notice that you steal each other's jokes and use them on each other.

Other people may not even understand the type of connection you have, but that doesn’t even matter. This person might find you in a time of your life where you needed to change for yourself. You needed to step outside your comfort zone and become who you really are. This person has helped you become your true self and overcome many, many obstacles.

They know you better probably more than you know yourself, sometimes. They are the person you can fall back on in the most difficult times. You know they would never judge you, and always have an open mind around you, your actions, thoughts, and beliefs. You know about their past, and what events have made them the person they are today. I have come to realize that I should credit this person more often because I am so thankful for the way they have lived their life with me, and opened my mind to so many beautiful memories and adventures.

I am grateful for my person because he stands out from anyone else I have ever met. He is the highest form of a gentleman with a funny personality. We understand each other’s sarcasm and know how to make each other laugh. I look up to him because he is definitely the hardest worker I know. He works three jobs and still makes time for family and friends. He has a clear view of what he wants to do with his life, which is become a firefighter. He wants to continue to work hard and put others before himself. I seek him for advice and motivation for helping me find my path on what I want to do for a career.

He is thoughtful in ways I cannot even put into words. I know he is this person to me because no one else compares to him, and throughout the last few years, at times when we were apart, I never stopped thinking or caring about him. I have found that the best type of relationship forms from a friendship. I am overjoyed that my best friend is also my boyfriend.

Ultimately, I am grateful for meeting this person because without him I wouldn’t have someone who completes me, or any of my favorite memories. I am writing this to remind you that if you are lucky enough to find someone you are so compatible and happy with, then don’t let that go.

Realize that there must be a reason you’ve never been able to forget about this one person. Look at the true impact that person has had on your life and how they have left a footprint in your past, present, and soon to be future. It is difficult sometimes to find this person, but once you do, don’t let them forget how grateful you are for their presence in your life. So thank you to my best friend, Johnny. Thank you for all of the memories and continuing to make new ones.