We All Have That One Friend...

We All Have That One Friend...

Types of Friends

1324
We All Have That One Friend...
Thomas Fox

Growing up, we encounter many people. Some are kind, some are jerks, and some are somewhere in between. No matter how a person is, however, a friend is someone we love unconditionally. But, if you're up at night wondering how you get to be the one so lucky to have friends so ... special ... then as consolation, here is a list of the types of friends everyone has.

The "Knows it All, Does it All"
We all have that one friend who speaks and acts as if he knows everything there is to know about anything, but everyone else listens on, thinking "you really don't think, do you?" He thinks he can do everything, but really, he has a lot to learn. For some reason, this person also tends to be the loudest friend in the group. He always has the ideas. He always knows what to do next, but often his ideas are quite hazardous. Nonetheless, without him, days would be dull and conversations would be boring. He may make everyone roll their eyes, but in the end he makes everyone smile - even if it is at how stupid he is being.

The "Wise One"
This is the guy that no one hates. Somehow, everyone just loves him, and he usually stops the bickering. He has a level head, and always gives good advice. He isn't necessarily the most popular person, but he certainly is well-loved. When he is around, everyone smiles and tends to announce his name with such a relaxed, joyous quality. He keeps his feet grounded, and keeps everyone else down to Earth, as well. All in all, he is a general necessity and genuine treasure of any group of friends.

The "Never Shows"
This is the friend everyone forgets exists until she appears, and that in and of itself is an uncommon occurrence. Sometimes you cannot tell if her phone is simply always dead or if she does not have the capacity to respond to a text message. The RSVP never occurs, but all of a sudden, she's there - eating from the chip bowl! The conversation always has to start with, "how has school been?" Because let's be real, here, you haven't seen her in two years. But, she is still one of your best friends, and you wouldn't change anything about her anyway.

The "Genius"
Have you ever met that person that somehow, in some way, is the smartest person to ever walk the face of the planet - at least as far as you are concerned? This is the friend that can program a calculator to play mini-games and can justify quantum physics with nothing but his brain and a pencil. It's hard to tell sometimes if his intelligence is just showcasing itself naturally in his language or if he is low-key mocking your lack of intelligence. Let's face it, though, without him, you would not have passed AP Calculus.

The "Mom"
She is always checking in on everyone, getting people something they need, caring about the general well-being of all the friends, and putting the crazy friends in check. It can get on people's nerves, to constantly be reminded of how insensible they are being, but in the end, she is the reason everyone is together and the reason everyone is ... well ... alive. Without her, no one in the group knows where they would be, and they all love her to death.

The "Really Annoying One"
This is the one that never seems to keep his hands to himself. He always has your belongings. He makes fun of every minor mishap in your speaking. He turns your name into a running joke. He gives you strange looks with his eyes bulging from their sockets when he's sitting next to you. He basically makes it his life goal to annoy you. Yet, somehow, it is absolutely impossible to be angry with him. No matter how much he really annoys you, you can only smile, which of course only encourages him more. You love him, though, so no body really complains.

The "Bilingual"
We all have that friend that speaks at least two languages. Either you never knew for twenty years until you heard him speak on the phone with his grandmother, or you've always known and it still shocks you. Sometimes, he drifts back and forth between the two like it's nothing and you're left wondering what the heck you were just told. At least he keeps you on your feet.

The "Really Tall Guy"
This is the basketball player. He can dice people up like Gordon Ramsey dices onions. Others always remember him as "the really tall guy". People recognize your group by his face, because his is the only face everyone can see from a distance of more than ten feet. He is the best hugger though, and everyone enjoys taking pictures with him.

The "Sassy One"
This friend loves sarcasm almost as much as she dishes it out - and that's quite a lot. Her sass is described as "low-key," and her humor revolves entirely around her ability to point out your stupidity. She has two people that she always defends and is absolutely sweet to, but the rest in the group fall victim to her eloquent use of sarcasm. She is the reason people laugh, however, and without her, your group probably would not watch what they say.

The "Gamer"
And you thought you were good at video games. This friend tears people apart with a controller, even other friends who consider themselves to be good at video games. Then, there is always that one friend who can only play Mario Kart, and even that is a lot to ask. The gamer friend especially loves laughing at the friend that cannot manage a control stick. The gamer makes bets with anyone because he knows it is an easy win. Let's face it, though, where else are you going to get an extra controller for the evenings in with friends.

The "Lacks All Common Sense"
This one makes people wonder if she even has an education sometimes. She never gets anyone's jokes, she never understands deeper conversations, and she lacks the sensibility to assist in any issue. She redefines the word dumb. And yet somehow, she is a straight-A student. She is the most fun-loving of everyone, and if there is anything she does know, it is that she loves her pet and she loves her best friends.

What can we say? They're our friends! We love them, regardless of what they are on the surface, because underneath it all, they are such a blessing and such great people who are so wonderful to be around. But, they still have that surface. So next time you're wondering about your friends, remember, we all have that one friend...

Did you see one of your friends in this list? Is there a friend of yours that sets a new category?