We All Have Flaws

We All Have Flaws

Should one moment of weakness define a person?

26
We All Have Flaws
Language Learning Shortcuts

It has been about 547 days, 13128 hours, 787680 minutes, and 47260800 seconds since I approximately left high school, so why are we somehow still living in the days of it? How come you can walk to sit and eat a meal all the while hearing the faint whispers and feeling the stares from those who surround you? Why is it that people can comment and assume all day long, but not one person can come up and be like, "What happened?" Well to those who find that judging is not passed their personal morals, please note that you may or not be wrong and maybe you should ask.

College is the time where people come to create friendships that last a lifetime, and being at a small Women's college, I would expect these to be set in stone for there should be no tension, right? Sadly, some people feel that they know everything that goes on in other's personal lives and have to spread it even with little to no relevance to their own life. The large problem at hand is does it really matter? Does it really matter that a few people failed and we have to spread it around like we are back in the puberty age? For being the ages of 18 to 22, I feel like as a collective whole then it should not matter.

When people do things, nine times out of ten they may have not thought every little detail out, especially as late teens and early adults. Personally, I do not weigh the pros and cons of making actions like driving to Arkansas on a whim, going to Karnack at ten o'clock at night, or randomly wanting to cut off all my hair the week before prom. The issue with all of this is that people will see your actions and jump to assumptions of what is going on, like you are trying to runaway from problems or needing to cut someone out of your life entirely, but why not ask? Why not go up to said person and ask if there are things going on that they need to escape from or if they need help? Why not be a shoulder they can lean on instead of spreading their business around that they feel embarrassed about?

At the age of 19 and being a second year into an undergraduate degree, I feel like things are a hugely different than the way I felt about two years ago. I was then worried by the guy whom I was seeing, getting through a dumb statistics class, and being friends with two lovely beings that made my heart swell with joy, and now I am not worried by none of this. I take into consideration that I have aged and matured a tad, achieved a job where gossip bites you in the butt, and I myself have actual things to worry about, besides the lives of other's that do not pertain to me. Yes, I hear all about the drama still, but does it matter about who failed today when I should hopefully support them as a whole? Why should someone suffer when being in a tight knit college? They should have an endless support system, but it does seem that being this small means more will leave in the time of need.