5 Ways You Can Be Unbreakable

Adulting is hard. We have so much on our plates that we can barely see what lies in front of us. It is during these times that we might forget what it is like to not be stressed and that's when we let our lives break us down. Here are five words of advice from the unbreakable woman, Kimmy Schmidt, to help you out when life becomes a little too much.

1. Slow down.

Don't think about everything that you have to do within the next three weeks. Just keep moving and take it ten seconds at a time. Trust me, being in the present and taking things in one at a time helps reduce a lot of unnecessary stress.

2. Stay optimistic.

My family has a saying (that I think we stole from Jimmy Buffett): "Attitude is Latitude." If we are positive, then our metaphorical life plane will continue to soar without many problems. But if we let stress and emotion cloud our judgement and become more pessimistic, then we are likely to crash. So just keep Kimmying.

3. Listen to your gut.

Both literally and metaphorically. If you are in need of a food break, then let yourself go and get that food. Also, if you feel like you shouldn't do something or that you should then maybe you should listen to your body and then go from there in a way that makes you feel comfortable.

4. Be confident, even if you just look it.

If you look confident about something, then others (yourself included) may start to believe that what you are doing is good. If you think that your work is absolute garbage all the time, you really aren't going to be happy about it whether or not it is actually good.

5. Don't let life keep you down.

Embrace who you are and what you do and just keep going. Because life gets hard, but it doesn't stop. So why should you?

Now get back out there and be unbreakable!