5 Easy Ways You Can Be More Sustainable

5 Easy Ways You Can Be More Sustainable

The Earth needs you!

75

After taking a Global Sustainability class this semester and loving it, I have started to live a more sustainable life. More people should, too!

1. Unplug Electronics When Not In Use And Turn Off Lights

https://gph.is/2r11A8g

This is super easy to do and helps not only the Earth, but your electricity bill too!

2. Take Only The Food You Can Eat

https://gph.is/1UAr9Xv

Whether you're making food for yourself or at a dining hall, taking only the food you can eat and then going back for more cuts back on food waste.

3. Use A Reusable Water Bottle

https://gph.is/28M7pSb

Using your reusable water bottle just 15 times reduces your environmental impact! The water it takes to clean your water still has a lesser impact than a throw away cup from Starbucks.

4. Buy From Thrift Shops

https://gph.is/1ILwTYs

The clothing industry is one of the worst in terms of environmental impact, and buying new clothing only adds to that. Going to your local thrift shop is good for your wallet and the environment.

5. Use LED Lights

https://gph.is/2ci3kVQ

They are far more energy efficient than their counter-part and will also help your electricity bill be lower. The light they emit may be unpleasing for some, but worth it in the long run!

These are very simple things that have a big impact. You could also walk more places if you live on campus or in a city, and take the stairs when possible. We all have a part to do when it comes to sustainability.