6 Ways To Become Instantly Motivated

6 Creative Ways To Spark Your Motivation For The Future

Motivation is only difficult to spark when you don't have any ideas.

91
https://sites.google.com/site/hopesenc3314portfolio/class-blog/readingresponse7ridolfodevossandrhetoricalvelocity

I know exactly what kind of future I want for myself, but some days, I'm just not as motivated to do what I need to do to get there. That's why I've decided to create this list of six creative ways to spark my motivation for the future, and I'm sure you'll find it very uplifting as well!

1. Put pictures around your room to represent the places you want to go and the accomplishments you want to make.

media.giphy.com

By having actual, visual representations of the places you want to go and the kind of person you want to become, you'll instantly remember why you need to finish working on that super long research paper for class. I recommend hanging these pictures up on a wall right by your desk so that if you forget why you're doing the work you're doing in the first place, you'll instantly be reminded!

2. Make an entire playlist of songs that remind you which direction you want to go in life. 

media.giphy.com

Honestly, just search "motivational songs" on YouTube, and you'll be all set! As a matter of fact, you probably already have a few on your current device that would make good additions to this new playlist of yours!

3. Structure your actions and social media posts as if your future lifestyle has already become a reality.

media.giphy.com

It's kind of like preparing yourself for what's to come. After all, if you act the part, you'll grow to want the part. If you want to be a teacher, structure your posts around the kinds of lessons you hope to teach your future students. If you plan on becoming a writer, share some written work of your own on social media (perhaps even an Odyssey article you made).

4. Watch YouTube videos of actual people who are experiencing the lifestyle that you hope to live one day.

media.giphy.com

This is seriously one of my favorite ways to become instantly motivated to do my work. Why? Because when I see someone actually leading the exact same lifestyle that I hope to live one day, I become more willing to do whatever it takes to obtain that lifestyle for myself as soon as possible.

5. Make deadlines for when future portions of your life should already be accomplished. 

media.giphy.com

Some examples could include the date that you plan on taking the LSAT, applying to medical school, or even applying for an internship. By having these deadlines in mind on a daily basis, you'll have a set of plans to follow through with instead of just going through life being uncertain about them.

6. Share your future plans with others so that you'll feel more inclined to follow through with them. 

media.giphy.com

After all, if you know that your friends and family members are just as excited about you accomplishing a goal as you were when you told them that you would, then wouldn't you feel more inclined to follow through with that goal so as not to disappoint them? However, remember that you should always do what makes you happy in terms of opportunities (not them). This is just something you can do to motivate you a little bit more if necessary.