Ways To Get In The Fall Spirit

Ways To Get In The Fall Spirit

Happy fall ya'll!

75
Ways To Get In The Fall Spirit
Tumblr

Fall is finally here! It seemed like summer for the longest time with the warm weather and heat waves in September and October (global warming is real). I don't know about you, but fall is my favorite season of all time, and it is one of the things that I look forward to the most each year! But the best part of all is getting into the fall spirit. Here are some of the things I like to do as soon as the leaves start to change color and the temperature starts to drop.

1. Make a fall playlist!

The first thing I like to do is make a nice and cozy fall playlist (Or find one on Spotify. Sometimes people make really great public playlists that you can't help but listen to yourself). Listening to that perfect fall song is what really gets me in the best fall mood! My personal favorites are Pentatonix and Ed Sheeran, but everyone has their own favorite fall artists.

2. Make your room lit (but actually though). Another thing I love to do is put up string lights all around my room!

This gives the room an extra fall-esque vibe that makes me feel relaxed and at home as soon as I get back from a day full of classes and stress. I love putting on my string lights instead of the harsh, bright overhead light in my dorm room. And the best part of all? The string lights can stay up all year for any season!

3. Set the vibe with a nice fall candle!

I know this technically isn't allowed in dorm rooms, but I absolutely love lighting candles! Ever since I was little, I would always ask my mom to bring out all the candles around fall time and light them in the kitchen. There is just something special about being in your cozy home (or dorm) in the fall with a candle lit as an extra source of comfort filling the room with its pleasant smell.

4. Start layering up with all the fall clothing!

Don't forget to bring out all the fall clothing items! It's time to let all your sweaters, scarves, boots, etc. shine! All these items are put away for three out of the twelve months of the year. It's such a great feeling bringing them out of hibernation for the fall! I feel rejuvenated when I put on my favorite fall outfit!

5. Don't forget about the fuzzy socks!

Although fuzzy socks are, technically, a form of clothing, I put them in their own special category! They're my go-to socks during all seasons, but extra during the fall! They're not like regular socks; they keep your feet at the perfect warmth level while making you feel cozy, too! And don't forget about blankets! These are also lifesavers during the fall when it starts to get chilly again. And it also adds to my fall vibe because I love just sitting in my room wrapped in a blanket.

6. Phone a friend and enjoy fall together!

Last but not least, find some friends to do some fun fall things with! I know my university has a farm with a corn maze and hayride right off campus! There are also fun fall markets and festivals that you and your friends can go to! Nothing like friends to get you in the fall spirit!

Whatever you do to get in the fall spirit, make sure you take time to appreciate one of the prettiest seasons on this beautiful earth! Soak in all the leaves falling from the trees as you walk to class and all the late nights you spend with friends enjoying the cool fall nights before winter hits. Happy fall ya'll!