8 Ways To Find Your Voice

8 Ways To Find Your Voice

We all have something to share

39
8 Ways To Find Your Voice
www.deborahweisberg.com

As a first year college student, I have noticed one very important thing about going to college. You need to find your voice, and make sure it is heard. If you let your voice fly under the radar, there is no second chance to go back and be heard. So here are a few ways to let your voice never go unnoticed.

1. Speak up!

This one is the obvious one. How can you expect people to know what you are thinking or feeling, if you don't tell them? Remember, people can't read your mind.

2. Show off something you like to do.

Your interests reflect your voice. I like to drum, therefore I like to show people videos of drumming, or even videos of myself drumming. Yes, it is as simple as sharing something you like with someone.

3. Raise your hand/comment.

Teachers have been telling us since day one of preschool to raise our hands. No, they don't ask you to do that so that they have something to do during class other than talking on and on about their material. They ask you to do that so that they can hear your voice. If you are confused, they want to hear it. Sometimes in classes or presentations or meetings someone will ask for questions, comments, or concerns from the audience. Raise your hand. They want to hear your voice.

4. Write for a school paper or etc.

I am literally writing my voice for all of you to hear.

5. Put your voice into your clothing or accessory choices.

The way you dress yourself can show people how you may be feeling for the day, or your whole personality type. For example, I show my quirkiness to the world through my choice to wear mismatched socks every day.

6. Make a journal.

If speaking your mind is hard or you are simply a more private person, try writing in a journal. Daily, weekly, or however you choose separate entries. At least you are allowing yourself to hear your voice. Sometimes we can lose our voice in other voices that we allow ourselves to hear. Writing in a journal is a good way to remember what you truly feel or think.

7. Try something new.

There are many, many things to do in this world and chances are you have only done 1-10% of them. You never know when you might find something that you are passionate about.

8. Play music from your playlist.

Yes, your music choices show your voice too, just like your clothing choices. Share your musical feelings for the day with someone!

There are many ways to find your voice, but the most important thing to retain from this list is that the littlest daily choices can show your voice to the world. It's as easy as putting clothes on in the morning or playing music. Don't let fear of other opinions dull your voice. We have vocal chords, fingers, mental processing, ears, opinions, and feelings for a reason - not to hide them, but to share them with the world.