23 Things You Can Do While Procrastinating The Important Things In Life

It’s inevitable so you might as well do something in the meantime.

77
Kinga Cichewicz

You know when you have a million things to do and cannot bring yourself to complete ANYTHING on your list? Most of the time I resort to something that is a waste of time and not what I should be doing. I don’t know if anyone else procrastinates as much as I do but if you do, this list is for you.

1. Start snackin’

When it all goes wrong, eating is always a good activity.

2. Play games on your phone

My personal favorites at the moment are HayDay, Candy Crush, HQ, Burger Shop. But basically anything that distracts me is a good time.

3. Go shopping

This option isn’t so great on your wallet but sometimes you just need to get out of the house and go buy yourself something nice. I always tell myself that whatever I buy will be a reward for when I finish what I’m supposed to be doing but I’m not sure how much I stick to that.

4. Online shop

See above, but this time you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your bed.

5. Build a tower of plastic cups

Why continue to unload the dishwasher like a normal adult when you could get distracted halfway through and start constructing a mountain of plastic cups.

6. Try on different outfits

Have a fashion show in your room!! I mean, you’re probably trying on the things you probably never wear too, so it’s like double procrastination.

7. Go to McDonald's

Let’s be honest, you’ve probably already eaten all of your groceries for the week and have been procrastinating grocery shopping, so go get that cheeseburger.

8. Tweeze your eyebrows

Somehow I always end up sitting in front of my mirror attempting to clean up my eyebrows without over plucking.

9. Make new Spotify playlists

Do you know how many Spotify playlists I’ve made while procrastinating?? This is also a good time for organizing the many other playlists you already have (and you’ve also probably organized them 10 times already but whatevs).

10. Play video games

Pick your poison, Fortnite, Call of Duty, Wii Bowling, they’re all amazing for pushing off your responsibilities.

11. Reorganize your sock drawer

Most days I’d honestly rather organize and match socks than do my homework.

12. Write out a list of all the things you have to do but never actually do them

See, this gives you the illusion of actually doing something and organizes your thoughts, but a to-do list still isn’t actually getting anything done.

13. Stare at a wall

Hey, it’s not work so it sounds good to me.

14. Be stressed about what you’re not doing

Sometimes I’ll just sit there and be stressed about everything but not actually do anything to help myself. Then I get stressed about how stressed I am. It’s a vicious cycle.

15. Rearrange your room

Sometimes you need a change of scenery but what usually happens for me is that I start moving things and then find something I lost, get distracted, and then my room, like my life, is truly a mess.

16. Take a shower

Take a page out of The 1975 and Harry Styles’ book and just take a shower.

17. Watch Netflix

There are so many shows, movies, and documentaries begging to be watched sooooo you gotta, right?

18. Take a nap

Yeah I take most of my naps from 6-8pm, yeah it’s not healthy, so what?

19. Bother your roommates

If you can also distract someone else, then you don’t feel as bad about yourself.

20. Do some laundry, unless that's what you're procrastinating

Laundry can be a perfect way to not do what you’re supposed to be doing. But if you actually need to do laundry, disregard this suggestion.

21. Break out the coloring books

Coloring is still cool, no matter how old you are or how much stuff you're putting off.

22. Read this article

Reading about procrastination is the best way to procrastinate let’s be honest.

23. Literally anything but what you’re supposed to be doing

I thrive on doing things last minute so I’m just going to keep doing my thing and do anything but what I’m meant to be doing.