7 Ways You Know You're A Mama's Girl

7 Ways You Know You're A Mama's Girl, Even While Away At College

Very rarely will I ever make a life decision without chatting with Mom! (Yes, sometimes that includes what to eat for breakfast.)

350

This woman has changed your diapers, taken you to your first teeny bopper concert, been your shoulder to cry on and slipped you a 20 when you were stuck eating stale cereal in your freshman dorm. She has also become your best friend and role model.

1. You borrow (and take) each other's stuff. A lot.

You know this all too well, especially if you and your mom are the same shoe size like my mother and I happen to be. Every single time I go home for break from college, I end up taking a pair of her shoes back down to school with me, and she ends up keeping one of my necklaces or bracelets.

2. You always "spill the tea" with each other before anyone else.

Back when I lived at home, when my mom asked how school was, she didn't mean, "what did you learn today?" she meant, "what's the drama?!" Now I confide in her with all of the dramatic things happening in my life - regardless if she asks or not! (And she does the same with me!)

3. You know each other better than you know yourselves.

There's absolutely no way for you to hide your feelings from each other. If something is bothering one of you, the other automatically knows. If one of you is keeping a secret, the other can see right through. You can both lie about your feelings all that you want, but, face it, it's not going to work.

4. You have your favorite mom and daughter spots.

It could be a favorite restaurant, a favorite park, a favorite store...or perhaps all of the above. Yep, I know you're picturing your go-to spot (or five) right now!

5. You pick up on each other's habits.

Mom, I just want to let you know that I am addicted to shopping because of you. You've taught me so many ~valuable~ lessons from how to dig through racks to how to snag the best deals. As for you, you can blame me for always getting "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne stuck in your head back in the day. But you can't blame me for playing it on repeat; it's super catchy.

6. You have the same taste in celebrity crushes.

But really, what DOESN'T Bradley Cooper do? He acts, sings, directs - the list never ends. We also both swear George Clooney doesn't age. That man is HANDSOME.

7. You'd be millionaires if you got 10 dollars every time you cried with each other.

It can be about how mad you are at each other, how frustrated you are with each other, how much you miss each other, how much you love each other, etc. It's just easy to be emotional with one another. What's better than a good cry? A good cry with your mom!

Love you, mom! I'll call you in five!