6 Easy Ways To Improve Focus.
Lifestyles

6 Easy Ways To Improve Your Focus

Trouble focusing is a growing problem in this society of smartphones and social media, here are 6 tested way that will improve your focus giving more performance and less procrastination.

105
6 Easy Ways To Improve Your Focus
Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

If you're like me then you also struggle with procrastination and lacking the ability to truly focus on a task and get it done efficiently. I've been trying out a few different methods to aid me in my battle against delayed work, and so far I have seen a huge decrease in procrastination and an equally great increase in performance.

1. Have a focus spot.

Christin Hume

Create it or find it. A focus spot is a set area where you can go that is specifically for doing work. An ideal focus spot is a place that helps you get work done the best, so if you like low lighting and a quiet atmosphere, go to a coffee house, or if you like the comfort of being close to your bed then set a small desk aside in your room. Also relating to the focus spot is going there at the time of day where you are most productive. My focus spot is a desk that faces a wall in my room early in the morning. I find that a desk facing the wall eliminates the distractions that could conjure up outside plus the early morning allows me to just go from my bed to desk with ease.

2. You need energy.

Anyone who has pulled all-nighters without some sort of secret energy weapon like monster knows that after about an hour into the cold night your eyes slowly fall with every passing minute. Eat a snack while trying to focus or even drink coffee because with these tools you'll have the sufficient energy to get through all your work while keeping a constant focus. Think of yourself as a remote, it won't work unless there is energy. The things you use to get that energy is your batteries and everyone knows remotes don't work without batteries.

3. Have a game plan.

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" - Benjamin Franklin. Like ever war general you need a course of action that will guarantee you a victory. Before diving in and trying to focus on something, have a plan for how the focus session will go. Make a checklist of the tasks that are needed to be done and always have that around so you know where you are. Even cut large tasks into small goals so you feel like you are making headway. Most importantly know when to end, don't just start trying to focus on something and ending it whenever you feel like. Have that conclusion that you desire set so you know when enough is enough ensuring that victory.

4. Calm the mind.

Jean

The best way to help focus is making sure your mind is clear. You can meditate or listen to music as you focus, as long as you mind is in a sort of nirvana. Don't be stressed about the assignment due at midnight, clear your mind and be positive that you are going to focus for the next few hours and get what needs to be done. Worrying won't help, but having a clear mind will allow you to think clearly when problem-solving.

5. Comfort is key.

Being comfortable is probably the most important aspect of trying to focus. Make sure the temperature around you is the way you like it. Have on those silk robes that make you feel nice on. Light a lavender candle or your favorite scent. All these keep you comfortable. If you haven't noticed, trying to get work done while sweating in a tight shirt with the smell of thirty-two different colognes surrounding you is not going to let you focus.

6. Turn off tech.

You would be surprised how much work would be done if people only used their phone to make calls. Social media and games on your phone are the number one killer of focus and productivity. Set your phone aside and off for 3 hours while working just once and you will immediately see how much you can accomplish. It's okay to use it if you are taking a short break, but other than that turn it off. Checking the latest on Twitter can wait.

6 easy to implement tips that guarantee results and keeps your focus on the important tasks at hand. Try them, it can't hurt to have better focus.