Why You Should Watch 'Shameless'

Why You Should Watch 'Shameless'

This show will keep you wanting more.

30
Why You Should Watch 'Shameless'

A few weeks ago I was scrolling through Netflix TV shows, trying to find another series to binge watch. I came across a show called "Shameless," I had never heard of this show before and I found out that there will be a new season coming on Showtime in October. I figured I'd give this show a chance and clicked the first episode. The preview photo of Shameless caught my eye, it was six quirky looking children and a deadbeat looking father gathered around a bonfire. I instantly loved the show, it was way different than the other shows I binge watched this summer.

The father Frank is the biggest deadbeat on earth. He's not a father to the children, he's only a father biologically. I like to refer to him as a biological squatter in their house. He's barely home, spends his nights at the local bar, at other women's houses, in another country, or passed out in the yard after a long day of drinking. Frank tries, keyword tries to sober up throughout the series but, he always falls back into his bad habits.. even when his life depends on him being sober.

The oldest daughter, Fiona had to quit high school in order to get a job to support her younger siblings while their father just drinks away his life. Throughout the series, you'll see all the lovers and all the jobs she has (trust me, it's a lot of both). She does, however, have one lover that comes in and out of the series, you may fall in love with him, I know I did.

Then you have Lip, short for Phillip. He's your typical bad boy in the show but, you come to find out that Lip is an A+ student who could basically get into any college he wanted to. Like his sister Fiona, you'll see his many, many lovers throughout the series, some his age and some quite older. All of his romances come with problems, not small problem but, big dramatic ones that have you wanting more.

Next up is Ian, him and Lip can not be any more different from each other. Throughout the series, Ian tries to hide his sexuality but, eventually, comes to terms with the fact that he is gay. Again, like his two older siblings, he has many lovers you'll see in the show. Ian suffers from a *SPOILER ALERT* bipolar disorder like his mother. Being bipolar, Ian tends to act out a lot, now I'm not talking about fights in school, I'm talking about trouble with the government.

Now you have Debbie, the younger sister of this dysfunctional family. Debbie tries desperately to act older than she really is in the series, and she thinks she knows everything. Debbie is the desperate younger sister, who has been trying to lose her virginity for years, just so she can be treated like a woman. As the seasons go on, you'll see Debbie get into quite a bit of trouble, one mistake making her grow up early.

Oh, Carl, there's no words to describe this kid. He's a trouble maker, first it was melting Barbies in the microwave, then a few years later he's in a gang! Carl was a cute kid and as the series went on, he started hanging around with the wrong crowd to make some extra cash and well.. he got in trouble with the law.

Last but certainly not least, you have little Liam. What makes Liam different from the other children is that he's black, yet both of his biological parents are white. And before you jump to conclusions saying the mother cheated on the father, they had a test done which proved he was 100% a Gallagher. Liam is still far too young to be causing any trouble, yet. But, maybe he'll start acting out in season 7, coming in October.