Don't worry about having a hard time moving on from a breakup.

It's important to have self-worth and realize when you deserve better.

757
Google Images

So often we are made to believe that the, “one that got away” is always the other person. We are then somehow left feeling bad about ourselves because we feel we did something wrong. Just because someone walked away from you and left you with a broken heart isn’t your fault. We have the power to tell ourselves we deserve better. What if you were the one that walked away and ended things to better yourself? Just because you walk away from a relationship doesn’t mean you don’t care, and it doesn’t mean you don’t love that person.

Walking away from someone or being the one that got away is a powerful thing.

Being the one the got away is okay.

Being the one that got away is to be looked at as a positive thing.

Feelings may always be there, or maybe they won't, but one thing that is certain is that the person who you thought would be your forever, will someday realize they screwed up and that you were one of the only good things in their life. Don’t tear yourself down and beat yourself up because he or she left you, or you left them. Everything happens for a reason. If your significant other doesn’t realize you are the next best thing to sliced bread then he or she isn’t worth it. To love someone so fiercely is a beautiful thing, but make sure you invest your energy in the one who deserves all of your love and all you have to give. Don’t let the one that hurt you make you believe you will be lost without them. At the end of the day, YOU are the one they are missing out on.

Of course there will be times where they cross your mind and you may even miss their presence, but take pride in the fact that you are amazing, you are kind, you have so much to give, and you deserve the best there is. One day they will realize you were the one that got away. They will realize that you are one of a kind, and that you slipped through their fingers. The day will come when your ex sees you out, and hates himself or herself for not appreciating your heart. When that day comes you will not boast or be mean about it; you will be appreciative because they opened your eyes and showed you what else life has to offer.

One day you will thank them for the lessons they taught you and feel sorry that it took them this long to understand. However, you will continue to walk on your own path with your head held high because you have so much more life to live.

Being the one that got away is okay. It’s going to hurt sometimes, but the one who is meant to hold your heart is patiently waiting for you. Now it’s up to you to find them.