Girl, Check Your Watch — It's Time To Walk Away From What Hurts You
Politics

Sometimes this isn't always what we want to hear, but it's what we need.

197
Personal Photo

Toxic people are the people that need to be taken out of our lives, even though sometimes we don't want to believe it.

These so-called friends often backstab, lie, act selfish, belittle and are even manipulate. They are taking more from you than giving back to the friendship. An abusive relationship, a friend that doesn't really act like a friend most of the time, a friend that has hurt you in a significant way or a neglectful parent that just does not know how to be a parent are all toxic people and it's okay to say goodbye.

You cannot just spot a toxic person from the first time you meet them because one of their characteristics is manipulation.

They manipulate you to believe that they are the kind-hearted person you need in your life and they make you let down your high, high walls of protection from damage down to let them in. That will be your own mistake, but there is no way to know that until you've seen their true colors. It may take years for toxic relationships to be noticed or it can only take a month. No matter how short of a time frame, it's best to cut the negativity off right away when it's recognized.

That negativity is what gives you constant headaches.

That negativity is what makes you feel extremely tired even though you slept just fine. That negativity is what makes you feel like every step you take is the wrong one. That negativity may be something you want to keep in your life because you do not know how to live without it. That negativity may be something you know needs to be taken care of, but it scares you to try to change it. Whatever type of negativity you are feeling right now I want you to let that shit go. It doesn't deserve you and it is time you walked away from the pain it has caused you.

You are not a bad person because you walked away from something that no longer made you happy.

You are strong and have been through trauma. It is time you work on yourself. To be in a toxic relationship is to feel as though you have chains on you and there is no way to break them off or slip out them. Take a big breath in, look in the mirror, and see that the only chains that bound you to that person are the ones in your head.

You are free to go, you just need to have the courage to pick up your feet and walk away.