Waiting For My Senior Year to Start, But I Don't Want It To End

It's not that I'm not excited, or that I don't want to graduate, it's just that I don't want my greatest adventure to end.

8
Hey Sigmund

It has finally come. My senior year of college. The final year of undergrad studies, the final year with my volleyball team and the final year with my best friends close by.

And that's just it...it's my final year. It's knowing that everything is about to end and I will have to move on. It feels like sand falling out of my hands, it's slipping too fast. It feels like everything will be the last time and I want each and every moment to linger.

I understand not everyone had a great experience in college, and I also understand how every senior is expected to have "senioritis" - it's almost inevitable. However, I can't be the only one who doesn't want it to end because these last three years have been the best years of my life. From all the stories and lessons learned, to making my best friends and even going through life-threatening tragedies - I would go through all of it again. Every memory was worth making, every memory is so valuable to me and who I've become. College has been my greatest adventure.

The hardest part, for me, is knowing how lonely I will feel once I move back home for the last time. All my friends will have done the same, and our relationships will be limited to Skype calls and visitations every so often. Though I know whenever we come together it will feel like old times, as if no time has gone by and we'll have fun once again. Nevertheless, there is still the brooding reality that all of this bliss is going to end. It will be a tough transition and I will probably cry when events come full circle, like my last game, my last test, on graduation, when I have to say goodbye, but it won't just be sadness about my loss, it will be happiness, pride and excitement! I'll have the confidence of a job well done. It will end with me knowing I gave it my all.

The best thing I can do now is to stay confident, enjoy what's in front of me, have fun, work hard and hope for a positive future that will come together and have it's own blissful adventures. Because it's true, I have so much to look forward to, but it's hard to leave a good thing, it's hard to go through change when you don't know exactly how it will look, but that can be the most exciting part about change. It's just, right now, I am not excited. Right now, I don't want to lose a single moment...

To all the seniors out there about to begin their last year: Let's dominate! Let's own it!