Something Better

A wise man once said, "You can have what you want, or you can have something better". These words stuck with me and helped me realize that there might be something better out there for me than what I wanted at the time.

Sometimes what we want isn't what is best for us. It can be excruciatingly difficult to deny ourselves what we want in hope of something better. We can become so focused on what we think we want, that we fail to even acknowledge the fact that there could be something better out there for us.

The price to pay for something better is often difficult. It requires a lot of patience and waiting, things we as human beings tend to be not so good at. We worry that we might miss out on what we want as we wait for something better that could very well not exist. We doubt that something better exists, and restraining ourselves from obtaining what we want just doesn't make sense to us.

While we are in the seemingly never ending process of waiting for something better to come along, it can seem pointless, foolish, or even hopeless. However, when we feel this way it is important to keep pressing forward and dismiss those negative thoughts. It most likely won't be within your timetable, but that something better will come.

When we look back later in life we will be so grateful that we waited. What we originally wanted will seem trivial and dull in comparison to what we now have. Greater happiness will come when we wait for that seemingly elusive something better to come along.