Wait, Where Has the Time Gone?

Wait, Where Has the Time Gone?

12
Wait, Where Has the Time Gone?

It is officially the end of June, and I am officially bummed.

Sure, July is great. You have the fourth which means fireworks, stuffing your face with food from the grill, and going to the lake. But other than it, it's just misery. 

It's hot all day long, every day of the week, you can't afford to go outside and get a sunburn because who knows how long it'll take to really turn into a tan. The pool is the only place to be but even the water is hot and if you don't own your own, it's going to be packed. The lake sounds fine and dandy, but then you have to find a boat and someone to drive you around all day long. You've quickly run out of days to work to save that money you've been talking about. And then there's the talk of the summer bucket list.

I know I haven't even begun mine besides one or two things, and I'm only talking reading a book I've been dying to read and finishing House on Netflix. I haven't gone to the lake, or Schlitterbahn, or skydiving. Haven't pulled a single all-nighter, gone to the zoo, or rewatched Gossip Girl, and I certainly haven't had a bonfire. There are so many other things I am required to do; go to work (although barely), go to my internship (once a week), and work on homework (basically my life). I know I have at least some free time, but where the heck is it all going?

I need to rethink some of my priorities and fast. With only six weeks left till I go back to KU (and I can't wait!), it's time to get down to business. I need to do my homework early, read my books quicker, and start tanning while I still can. 

It'll be a sad move in day at the house if while everyone is talking about the amazing things they did all summer, all I can say is, "oh, I worked and did homework. So basically it was just like school, only way hotter." 

If you're in the same boat as me, I am so sorry. But maybe it's time we get off our butts, and go out and accomplish your bucket list!