The Age of Politics

The Age of Politics

Is it Change or Debate?

5
The Age of Politics

Most who work with the idea of politics would admit that there are variants of opinions and viewpoints. These viewpoints, as they are based off of experience, form from one thing: language. Our language, based off of reaction to sounds and tone, develops a way for the mass production of ideas to be transferred between people. This mass transference allows for certain ideas to become popularized in communities. With language being a determinant for growth and development, the understanding of language and how it penetrates the ideals of thought plays into the development of politics and power.

In the past few years, politics has changed. With the incline in social media and the decline in face to face socialization, language has became less developed. From screen time to self-employment opportunities, these new-age technologies have allowed us to discover individuality and find ourselves as one and not one of many. Though individuality is good, this concept allows for people distance themselves from community as a whole creating a lessened amount of communication. This, in turn, makes the maturing of language slower and creates discrepancies in politics.

Politics is a field based off of ideas. These ideas, being the basis of power and control in our country, are formed off of issues that plague society. As we face various issues, different platforms arise and create the face of each candidate. All candidates, as they have the ability to state their values, have the chance to draw the audience in; however, as this is how politics should be, it is not this way at all. With the decline in language, politics has become a mere argument.

Argument is the concept of defending an idea. As defense is a major characteristic in modern presidential debates, debates become an instance of defensive platform details. These platforms, as they precede the change that may occur, form a picture for the voting population to identify with; however, as language plays into convincing voters into voting, the argument calls for less participation and more division.

Voting participation has decreased in the past few years. With a majority of people not voting, the language of politics is providing the public distance from our society. As many care about certain issues that have risen (i.e. immigration, global warming, poverty... ), the solution of them must be found; however, as that is a purpose of politics, we must learn that debate is the better pathway. Debate, the discussion of ideas with the result of solution, allows for the ideas to be brought to light, discussed, and solved. Though the process could take time, it solves the problem of ideas being based off ego and face while allowing change to occur,

With the implementation of proper debate and the inclusion of mature discussion, politics can become a solution solver, not a mere point for candidates to argue for beneficial gain. This, in turn, with the projection of ideas could both increase voting participation and decrease division within communities. If this were to occur, we would not only be one step closer to a fair system, but one that supports both the leader and the people.

Related Articles Around the Web