6 Rumors That ARE NOT True About Volkswagen Beatles

Before you judge, read the following!

37

I drive a 2004 Volkswagen Beatle. For as long as I could remember that was the car I had wanted. When I turned sixteen my parents surprised me with a lime green bug. I was so excited! But when I went back to school, a lot of people were commenting on my car. Some were happy for me, others questioned my parents' sense of judgment as to why they would get me such a car. I got a lot of criticism about the safety of my new ride. Here are a few things people who drive Beatles would like you to know!

1. It's just as safe as any other car! 

Despite it's small size, the Beatles have multiple airbags and safety features. So before you say something to criticize a Volkswagen look up the research.

2. The inside does smell like crayons!

As silly as it sounds, our Crayola colored cars do have a crayon like smell in them.

3. We do sometimes see people punching each other saying "Slug Bug". 

Nothing amuses me more when I pull into a drive through and I see people hitting each other!

4. I do drive it in the winter!

My little green bug isn't just a summer car. I drive it during the winter and I go to and from school and work just fine. Much like any other car, I take my time and are cautious.

5. Despite the small stature of the car, its actually got a decent amount of room. 

For as small as the outside looks, it can comfortably seat 3 extra people.

6. We do wave at other people driving Beatles. 

You could say were the most friendly people on the road!