Everything You Need To Know About Vitalii Sediuk

The guy who recently assaulted Gigi Hadid and Kim Kardashian.

29
HuffPost

If you're even remotely interested or aware of what is going on in the hollywood/celebrity sphere, you must have heard of the recent "pranks" in Milan on model Gigi Hadid and Kim Kardashian. The man, 27-year-old Vitalii Sediuk, is a Ukrainian reporter who is known for his numerous assaults on US celebrities at film premieres, award ceremonies, after exclusive events and other restricted areas.

Sediuk has assaulted celebrities such as:

Madonna

At the 2011 Venice Film Festival, Sediuk handed Madonna a bouquet of flowers knowing that they were her least favourite. This caused her to unknowingly change her facial expression to one of utter disgust and thus create a frenzy in the media saying that did not appreciate a gift from a 'fan'.

Will Smith

At the 2012 Men in Black 3 premiere in Moscow, Sediuk kissed Will Smith while trying to interview him which caused Smith to slap him and ask what his problem was.

Adele

At the 2013 Grammy Awards , Sediuk rushed on stage as Adele was receiving the award for best solo performance and ran to the microphone. He had no ticket or credentials to be at the award show.

Bradley Cooper

At the 29th Screen Actors Guild Awards in 2014, Sediuk grabbed Bradley Cooper around the legs. Cooper did his best to keep the smile on his face while trying to shake off the man grabbing his legs.

Leonardo DiCaprio

At the Santa Barbara International Film Festival in 2014 , Sediuk buried his face in Leonardo DiCaprio's groin before security intervened.

America Ferrera

At the 2014 Cannes Film Festival, Sediuk crawled under America Ferrera's gown while she was posing for pictures.

Kim Kardashian

Outside Le Grand Hôtel in Paris in 2014, Sediuk shoved Kim Kardashian nearly causing her to fall to the ground if her bodyguard had not caught her.

Outside L'Avenue Restaurant in Milan in 2016, Sediuk ran over to Kim Kardashian as she was entering the restaurant and tried to kiss her butt before her bodyguard stopped him.

Brad Pitt

At the premiere of Maleficent in 2014, Sediuk ran onto the red carpet and attacked Brad Pitt, breaking the actor's glasses.

Ciara

At Valentino's Paris Fashion Week Show in 2014, Sediuk stopped down to a thong and hugged Ciara as she was posing for pictures before security pulled him away.

Miranda Kerr

At the Louis Vuitton Runway Show in Paris in 2015, Sediuk snuck up behind Miranda Kerr and kissed her on the cheek.

Gigi Hadid

After a fashion show in Milan in 2016, Sediuk snuck up behind Gigi Hadid and lifted her off the ground before being elbowed in the face by Hadid.

After all these scenarios and many more, it is baffling how this individual is labelled simply as a "prankster" when he should be labelled as what he truly is: an assaulter. When questioned about his various public actions, he claims that it is all satirical, but in reality all his "satirical actions" are illegal sexual assaults.

The legal definition of assault is the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, granted the target is aware of the danger.

Sediuk is a routine assailant who physically puts his hands on famous strangers with a malicious intent. Unfortunately, he has only been charged with assault and battery once, when he charged at Brad Pitt in 2014. His sentence was only 20 days of community service, one year of psychological counselling, something that clearly hasn't improved because even after the counselling Sediuk continues to assault celebrities, and banishment from all future Hollywood-related events.

After getting fired from his Ukrainian reporting job in 2014, Sediuk has made harassing celebrities a "hobby", yet the biggest question everyone is asking after learning about his timeline of attacks is why is he a free man walking the streets? Why is Sediuk not behind bars? How does he have so much access and exposure to the famous?

The easiest answer to these questions would simply be that these celebrities may not feel it is worth the time, effort or money to press charges if it has happened to them by this man only once. Kim Kardashian, however, has had this man attack her for the second time and is now pressing charges.

But why are law enforcement officials not concerned about this man? Is it because, by nature, celebrities and those in the eyes of the media are expected to have security detail with them at all times? Or is it because they feel it is a harmless act by a dedicated fan?

Assault is assault. Regardless of identity.