How To Join Maybelline's Mental Health Meet-Up This Saturday

Maybelline Is Hosting A Virtual Mental Health Day Meet-Up This Saturday, And Everyone's Invited

October 10 marks World Mental Health Day and Maybelline New York is hosting a free Brave Together World Mental Health Day Virtual Meet-Up this Saturday at 1pm ET/ 10 am PT

4314

October 10 marks World Mental Health Day and Maybelline New York is hosting a free Brave Together World Mental Health Day Virtual Meet-Up this Saturday at 1 p.m. ET/ 10 a.m. PT.

Unfortunately, mental health is still considered a horrifying stigma and taboo in our society and world.

But, it always makes the headlines and should be treated with respect and utmost care in order for our world to excel. Maybelline New York is working towards eradicating this stigma associated with anxiety and depression via its global philanthropic initiative, Maybelline Brave Together.

Below are event details — feel free to inform your friends and family about this global philanthropic initiative!

Maybelline New York is celebrating the launch of their global philanthropic initiative this Saturday, on World Mental Health Day, with a free Brave Together World Mental Health Day Virtual Meet-Up in partnership with the Lower East Side Girls Club and I Weigh.

The one-hour virtual panel will be an open and honest conversation encouraging emotional wellbeing at a time we need it most.

Hosted by beauty & fashion expert, Kahlana Barfield Brown, with keynote speaker, actress, and activist, Jameela Jamil. The panelists include actress and singer, Dove Cameron, Maybelline Global Makeup Artist, Erin Parsons, Elyse Fox, founder of Sad Girls Club, Dr. Kathleen Pike of Columbia University, and Aicha Cherif, filmmaker and LES Girls Club alumna.

We are inviting you, as well as your readers, to join this free virtual panel to join our community fighting to break the stigma surrounding anxiety and depression.

Register to attend HERE! The event is open to all and a Zoom link will be provided. Space is limited so make sure to reserve your spot now.

Date: Saturday, October 10 @ 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT

Maybelline New York recently launched its global philanthropic initiative, Maybelline Brave Together — a cause dedicated to breaking the stigma around anxiety and depression while addressing challenges and providing resources to those in need.

Through two years of extensive research, Maybelline found that early intervention paired with the right resources and access to 1:1 support can make all the difference in a young person's life and since COVID-19, the need for resources has only increased

Maybelline has committed to donate $10M over the next five years to global and local mental health organizations, some of which include: Crisis Text Line, NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), and The JED Foundation.

Maybelline deployed a digital resource site to make expert advice easily accessible 24/7, which will feature tips from experts, including Elyse Fox, Founder of Sad Girls Club, Larissa May, of Half the Story, and Liz Beecroft, Licensed Master Social Worker, psychotherapist & mental health advocate.

The Brand is also working with Dr. Kathleen Pike, a Psychologist at Columbia, to compile a global report focused on anxiety and depression in Gen Z women.

This virtual event will empower those who feel powerless as having a more powerful identity by unleashing their mental indomitable spirit and further reinforcing the fact that they will not let their mental health battles diminish their wellbeing.

I will be attending this Saturday and hope you will, too!