Mental health Awareness

Mental health Awareness

Depression is ...

8441
Mental health Awareness

If you asked me last year what I loved doing I’d say traveling... but today is completely different.

Everyone talks about how depression isn’t that serious or to just hang out with friends so you won’t be that sad, but the truth is depression takes over your whole body and it’s sortve like you’ve lost control of yourself. To be honest, writing this and sharing this with you all has already given me anxiety because most wouldn’t expect this from me, nor family, and in fear that I would be judge.

I have gone through several traumatic experiences from when I was a young child to recent months, all in which have affected me tremendously in ways I never thought could even happen. I always told myself I will never let what has happened to me be the reason I stay in pain and anger in my heart.

Depression has made me lose interest in absolutely everything that I loved doing before.

Depression is staying in bed because it’s so difficult to participate in life.

Depression is having too much anxiety to go out and do things.

Depression is believing that my life isn’t worthy anymore.

Depression is wishing I could be as happy as my friends but I feel like I won’t ever be.

Depression is watching the time go by, literally hour after hour, then it’s 9pm and you’ve realized the day is gone already.

Depression is ....