Though Vine was shut down in 2016, its content lives on in memes across social media and Youtube compilations (i.e., "1 Hour RIP Vine Compilation", "Vines that keep me from ending it all", and "Vines that cured my depression"). Vine has clearly become a part of American pop culture. Basically, you can think of Vine references in every day conversations like inside jokes shared by all American youth. Below you'll find my favorite Vines that my friends and I reference almost daily:
An appropriate response to basically anything.
2. "Oh my f*cking god, she f*cking dead."
3. "'Road work ahead'... I sure hope it does."
A road trip staple.
4. "Is this allowed?"
Again, always relevant.
5. "I coulda dropped my croissant."
6. "Look at all those chickens."
7. "Two bros, chillin in a hot tub, five feet apart cuz they're not gay!"
I really want to recreate this one for a Vine party. Think: inflatable kiddie pool with two holes cut in the bottom.
For all the vape gods. And really anyone else who thinks they're cooler than they are.
9. "Country boy, I love you..."
I couldn't figure out how to spell that last sound she makes, but it is of course a requirement when making this reference!
10. "A child."
11. "Hi, welcome to Chili's."
I don't get this one, but to be honest that's probably half the joke.
12. "I smell like beef."
This little girl is iconic.
13. "What the f*ck, Richard."
This and "Way to go Paul" are two of my favorite things to say when people mess up.
14. "I can't believe you've done this."
Another favorite for sure.
15. "I am confusion" & "AMERICA EXPLAIN."
"Why is this one Kansas, and this one not Ar-Kansas??"
What does that say, Anaya?
17. "Hi my name is Trey I have a basketball game tomorrow."
18. "I thought you were American."
"Miss me with that gay sh*t".
19. "What the f*ck is up, Kyle?"
Conveniently, one of my best friends is named Kyle.
20. "He need some milk."
If you're like me, you had to Urban Dictionary this one before you got it.
21. "It's an avocado!"
You could hate on us and say we took to Vine because our attention spans are so short and our need for instant gratification so great that we can only handle a 6-second comedy bit. But then again, you could also recognize that it's pretty cool that we were actually clever enough to make 6-second videos hilarious enough to both go viral and enter into the common dialogue of teens across the nation. What can I say? We are the Vine generation.