21 Valentine's Gifts For College Girls That Are So Much BETTER Than Flowers Or Chocolate

Is there anything more romantic than Chick-fil-A?

574

Valentine's Day, the holiday made up by the greeting card industry.

The holiday that significant others spend so much money on trying to get the best and most romantic present ever. They spend hundreds of dollars on flowers, overly large stuffed animals, chocolates, and a romantic dinner out. Well, I am here to tell you that you don't need to do that anymore.

Valentine's Day is meant to be spent with the one you love the most so why exhaust yourself in trying to get the best of the best when you could just get any one of these things, or a combination of them and have a great day with that special someone.

1. Any kind of pizza

Pizza rolls, pizza in the shape of a heart, bagel bites, you name it, your significant other is bound to like it. It's very delicious and costs a lot less than that box of chocolate you were going to buy that will just go on sale the day after!

2. Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A red is the most romantic red out there imo.

3. A spa day

If you are looking for something that your girl will truly enjoy, get her a trip to the spa or make a little kit for her to do it at home. Chances are she is either working all of the time, in school, running around with the kids, or is a combination of any of those. Time to herself is a gift she will love you for every single day.

4. A cute evening in

Cook dinner together. Have a movie picked out, or a show you guys have been wanting to binge, ready to watch. Light some candles, turn on the mood lighting, and be ready to laugh. How many times have you spent the day wondering if the restaurant you chose will actually be good? Will they still have your reservation? Will the service be okay? Will you guys actually be on schedule? Cut all of that worry out and spend your evening in. A plus for being in, you could also make a blanket fort to watch TV again and it's like you are kids again.

5. A new outfit

Buy her what you think she would like, or something you would like to see her in. You know her style and your taste. It can be comfy clothes, and cute outfit, or something for your eyes only. You showing you care about her like that will get you more brownie points than some chocolate that she will only like half of and flowers that will die in a couple of days.

6. A playlist

Nothing says, "I love you," quite like a good old fashion playlist. Songs that make you think of her, songs you know that make her happy, your song, there is an endless amount of things that you could put on it!

7. Letters for her

This takes a bit more planning than just the day of last minute gift. Spend time writing letters for her that she can read when she is having a bad day, is sad, angry, etc. Her knowing that you wrote them for her will make it mean so much to her.

8. SHOES

Odds are, she probably has enough but she will love you even more for feeding into her addiction.

9. Jewelry 

I'm not talking something you can just pick out for anyone. Think about something she will wear. If she loves rings, or charm bracelets, Pandora makes great jewelry that doesn't have to break the bank. But please, don't use this holiday to propose, it's overdone and expected.

10. A survival kit

If she is still in school or working a grueling job create a little care package for her. Again it's something that requires you to think and put effort into it so she will love it. Put her favorite snacks, drinks, medicine, journal, again, any combination of things can be put in to this one.

11. A day planned by you

Don't tell her what you guys are doing until you are going there. She will love the effort you have put in to spending the day with her. There are things to do all around where you live, do stuff that you guys haven't done before.

12. A fancy dinner

You guys normally are all about saving money and eating out cheap so splurge a little on a nice date for the two of you.

13. Lush products

I know what you're thinking, "isn't that just like a spa day?" That answer is simply NO! Lush is a grand place that offers so many different products that she will love. Bath bombs, soaps, face masks, there is bound to be something that she will like.

14. Makeup 

You know she uses it, she has more than likely complained about how expensive it is. Go and buy some of it for her but PLEASE make sure you know what brands and shades she uses and likes.

15. Wine subscription

She just has to take a little test and she will get wines shipped to her front door every month that she can try. What girl doesn't love a good bottle of wine that she doesn't have to buy?

16. A scrapbook

Depending on how crafty you are you can do this or you can enlist the help of mom and her friends. You can put pictures of the two of you together from trips you have taken, dates you have gone on, and include tickets from concerts or events that you have attended together. It's something that won't break the bank, requires thought and planning, and it is something you guys can add to as the years go by.

17. A coupon book

They make pre-made ones that you can buy but they also make blank ones that you can fill in and adjust to your relationship. You can put anything from a free car wash to a steamy night in.

18. Succulents 

They aren't flowers so it is something that she can work at keeping alive and they are a super cute decoration to any room!

19. A night ALL about her

Take this any way you would like, sexually, emotionally, just make her feel special.

20. You

She isn't just with you because she finds you attractive. There are probably so many things about you that she is in love with. Dedicate the day to just being present with her. No phone, no computer, just the two of you spending time together.

21. Being SINGLE

Nobody will ever love you as much as you love yourself, so take yourself out on a date, buy yourself a new outfit, treat yourself to a spa day. You do you and there is nobody to stop it.