13 Valuable Lessons I Learned In School

13 Valuable Lessons I Learned In School

You actually do learn something important in school after all.

992
13 Valuable Lessons I Learned In School

As a high schooler, I thought a lot of things they taught us in school was pointless. But it's not. Here are 24 valuable lessons I learned in school.

1. Studying is important.

This way you can be prepared for a test. If you don't have any good studying habits, look online for some tips and tricks.

2. Don't procrastinate.

If you procrastinate, you'll regret it in the future. Your assignment won't turn out as good if you cram.

3. If you need help with a subject, ask. Your teacher cannot say no.

You have a teacher for a reason. To help you with the thing you are struggling with.

4. Sleep is important, don't stay up all night working on an essay.

Give yourself time to work on things. Without a good nights sleep, you will do worse in school. It's proven that lack of sleep correlates with poor grades.

5. Study with your friends.

If you aren't motivated, your friends can help. A group study sesh with some food is always a good way to prepare for a big test.

6. If you are sick, stay home.

It is in your best interest to stay home if you are sick. This way you can rest and get better, but also so you don't get others sick.

7. Try your hardest.

Try the hardest you can. This way, you can't say in the future I could have done better. There is nothing worse than the feeling of failing a test that you knew you could do better on.

8. A bad grade on a quiz isn't the end of the world.

A grade is just a grade. It isn't going to matter in ten years. Don't beat yourself up about ONE bad grade.

9. Get involved. It'll help you build skills in the future.

Join some clubs and activities while you can. You will build awesome new friendships, new skills, and make awesome memories.

10. Friends will come and go. If you have a fake friend, try to cut them off. It'll further cause damage to yourself.

You may not want to do it, but it is the best thing you can do for yourself.

11. Don't hate on your family. Love them, and cherish time with them. Even your pets. Eventually, they won't be there for you to spend time with.

Family is family, whether you like it or not. Love them for who they are.

12. Learn to cherish not being stressed, and cherish the good memories.

You're going to be stressed a lot once you are an adult. Enjoy not being stressed while you can.

13. Believe it or not, your teachers actually care about you, and probably still do. Visit them once in awhile, stay in contact with them.

Your teachers truly do care. Visit them once in a while. They will appreciate the visit. It is always nice for them to visit with old students