Allow Yourself To Feel Tired

Saying 'I'm Tired' Doesn't Make You Weak, It Makes You Human

Don't let people tell you to stop complaining.

141
https://www.pexels.com/photo/bed-blanket-female-girl-450056/

To be completely honest, I'm really f*cking tired. But guess what? I'm human, and that's supposed to happen.

I spent a lot of my life trying to be superwoman. One time my psychiatrist told me, "Even superwoman couldn't do what you're doing." And that was a wake-up call.

I invest myself fully into everything I do because I don't think there's enough time or energy in this world to half-ass things. I'm all in for my friends and family, loyal to the end. I make my own opinions about people and experiences and do my best to not let other people influence them. I put 110% into school and both of my jobs, even though I'll go home and curse it all out at the end of the day.

Saying you're tired isn't defeat. It shouldn't be seen as an excuse. Being tired shows how hard you're working.

Sometimes, I'm tired because my alarm went off at 4:45 AM and I worked a double. Other days, I'm going to be tired just from living. We all know it isn't easy to get out of bed every day. So doing that should be celebrated.

Challenge yourself to validate the exhaustion of other people. We all live our own version of reality. Truly, no two people's realities are comparable. Because, in short, we all have our shit.

So if someone wants to sleep instead of hitting the bar on a Friday night, recognize that their choice is a celebration in itself. Sleep is a crucial part of self-care, but even more than that, sleep is a crucial part of being able to function as a human being.

You can't surpass being alive and truly live if you're tired every step of the way. But when you are tired, don't let people immediately jump to saying you're complaining.

Think of saying "I'm tired" as stating a fact. You are busy. You are working hard. You are tired. And that is a very normal thing.