8 Valentines Day Gift Ideas That Are Sure To Spread The Love Without Breaking The Bank

One word: Pinterest.

189
Alexi Sanderlin

I am going to be super honest with you. Up until about a year ago, I hated Valentine's Day. Not only is the holiday over advertised and overrated, it's over priced. However due to societal pressure and relationship "standards", I still had to buy gifts for my significant other (if I had one). But I never had an idea of what cost efficient gifts I could get them so I always broke my bank account to buy one.

Lucky for all of you, I am now a broke college student who actually wants to buy things for her significant other. Therefore, I know how to cut corners and save money while still gifting quality items. Mostly cost efficient DIY's but still. So here's a list of gift ideas for your significant other this Valentine's Day that won't break the bank!

1. A love jar

How cute is this? You can go to the store and buy a jar for less than $2, get a pack of construction paper, some pens, and plain paper to make a key. You don't have to be quite as excessive and do 365 things because let's be honest, that's quite a task. But it is still a super cost efficient but super cute way to say happy Valentine's Day to your love.

2. A well thought out date

This doesn't have to be anything more than setting a romantic scene in your living room/dining room/wherever you want. Make (or order, if you can't cook) a meal you know your partner would enjoy, have some music playing in the background, and just enjoy your time together.

3. Photo board

This is another super cute gesture. Print out some photos of the two of you, paste it onto cardboard or the inside of a large picture frame, add some cut out hearts, add your names, maybe the date you got together. Boom, adorable.

4. Romantic movie night

If you're a couple that goes out frequently, a nice switch up would be a movie night. If you're feeling adventurous you could even make a blanket fort. Cuddle up, watch your favorite movies, eat some popcorn, and most importantly, save the money you would have spent on movie tickets.

5. DIY gift basket

Fill it up with their favorite candies or a few things that make you think of them. It's a nice idea to get a few small gifts and put it together and make it look really well put together. It's effort that counts. Not price!

6. 'Open When' cards

We've all heard of these super cute cards. Things written on the cards to open for certain reasons. Like opening when you're sad, when you miss your significant other, or when you need a laugh. Things like that. It's adorable and super thoughtful.

7. Coupons

This is kind of like the last one. You can make a little booklet of coupons for your significant other to redeem whenever they choose. You can do any kind of coupon you want.

8. A sweet playlist

The modern mixtape! Make your significant other a playlist full of songs that make you think of them or of their all-time favorite songs! It shows you care and that you listen when they go on and on about their fave artist.